Do you have a copy of the book "Presgrove Pressgrove Families" by S. Earline Pugh, c. 1982? It was privately published and is out of print, but you might be able to find it in some libraries. Have you been to the Pressgrove Cemetery in Bedford County, TN? Andrew gave the land to start this cemetery.
Andrew moved to Bedford County TN prior to 1812 when he showed up on the tax list. He died there on 19 Jan 1846. His will dated 22 Sept 1846 lists your ancestors "John H. and Nancy FEATHERSTON, his wife" and other children.
The children of Andrew and Anna PRESSGROVE, as listed in the above book, were:
1. James b 1807 KY, d ca. 1859 MS, m Jane HARRIS
2. Nancy b ca. 1804/10, d after 1880, m John H. FEATHERSTON
3. William b ca. 1802/06, d 4 Apr 1873 Clinton Co. IL, m Eliza FEATHERSTON
4. Elizabeth b 20 Sep 1800 or 1810, d 15 Jul 1899 TN m William S. SHORT
5. Annabelle b ca. 1815, m Harris S. WILSON
6. Mary b 16 Oct 1814, d 13 Oct 1877 TN, m. Nathaniel Miller WHEELER
7. John b. 17 Mar 1817 TN, d 1 Sep 1886 TN, m(1) Mary B. WHEELER, m(2) Harriet HAYNES
I am descended from Elizabeth PRESSGROVE, whose daughter Mary Ann married Gabe CAPLEY, whose daughter Lou Rainey married John Welsey HOLDEN. The Holden's and Pressgrove's lived in the same part of Bedford County. Interesting thing about your query is that, as a young man, about 1875 John Wesley Holden went to Texas with a family named Soaps. We have never been able to find out which Soaps, or where in Texas, or whether they were family or just friends. He stayed a short time and returned to Bedford County. The Holden family is part Indian (but we have not been able to find who is the Indian ancestor) and, as I understand it, Soaps is a Cherokee name. Just wondering if any of your Soaps went to Texas?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|