Joseph Pride born about 1832-1834 in (W)VA, possibly Preston County married Sisson/Cisson/Cissie possible last name Johnson/Johnston also born in (W)VA about 1837-1838. Their children:
1. Charles L Pride born about 1857 in (W)VA; must have died by 1870 as he is not in the census.
2. Mary Lydia Pride born 3-18-1858 married James Buchanan Stone and had 3 children. These are my ancestors.
3. Maria or Muriah Pride born about March, 1860. Never married.
4. Duff or Duffy Pride born about 1863
5. Elvira Pride born about 1867 died 1913. Never married.
6. Loretta (Rett, Retty) Pride born about 1868. Never married.
7. Jose Pride born about 1871.
8. Jesse Pride born about 1879.
May have been another child, Jeff Pride, but I can not find him in the census for 1860, 70 or 80.
In 1860, Joseph and 'Sisson' had a Thomas Johnson age 19 living with them that I am assuming was a brother of Sisson. In 1870, Joseph and 'Cisson' had a Mary Johnston age 70 living with them that I assume is the mother of Cisson. In 1880, her name is listed as 'Cissie'. I am told that Sisson/Cisson/Cissie had seven brothers who fought in the Civil War; six returned and one died.
My mother has a Civil War record of an Adrian Johnson/Johnston (spelled both ways in the record) from Preston County (W)VA who fought with Company E, 14th PA Cavalry from Greene County. He joined 11-23-1862 and died 12-20-1863 by drowning with his horse while crossing a river. He would have been born about 1835.
Does anyone have any information that might help identify the ancestors of this family?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|