Margaret, I read the same article and decided to try to find this family.
Here's what I've found so far:
James M. Hair b abt 1868 in TN and Daisy ? b abt 1874 married abt 1890.
The census records I found are:
1900 Cooke Co., TX
1910 Red River, Tillman Co., OK.
1920 Red River, Tillman Co., OK
They had 11 children:
1. Roxey born Nov 1890 - TX
2. James Arthur born Jun 30 1891, Bulcher, Cooke Co.,
3. Frank born May 6 1894, TX
4. Lee Roy born Jan 17 1896, Bulcher, Cooke Co., TX
5. Charlie C. born Nov 1897, TX
6. Edith S. born Feb 1900 TX
7. Lillian E born abt 1902 TX
8. Jessie H. born abt 1905 OK
9. Iva E. born abt 1906 OK
10. Chester born abt 1909 OK
11. Unice born abt 1913 OK
(2) James Arthur Hair married Bessie and they had 2 children:
Roger L born abt 1916 OK
Elsie L. born abt 1919 OK
In the 1920 census, this family was in Red River, Tillman Co., OK
(3) Frank Hair married Pearl May Pulliam, dau of John W. and Sarah A. Pulliam and they had 2 children:
Otis Hair born abt 1918 in OK
Wayne Hair born abt 1922 in OK
In the 1920 census, this family was in Red River, Tillman Co., OK.
In the 1930 census, this family was in Lamb Co., TX
Otis Hair enlisted for World War II in Mar 1942, his enlistment record shows Otis F. Hair. I think he is the same Otis F. Hair that was listed as a prisoner of war. I know there was an Otis Hair that was a prisoner of war, who was released. In fact, there is a book "Against All Odds: Surviving World War II", written by several men, including Otis F. Hair.
I have not been able to find any family members of Otis Hair, but will continue to try to help.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|