I believe that Charles Pyron who died abt. 1823 in Jackson Co., Ga. was the father of James Pyron (Jackson Co.) and William Pyron (Greene Co.).
In 1777 Charles Pyron was on the tax list for St. Luke's Dist. in Caswell Co., N. C. He received a land grant of 365 acres on Feb. 1, 1779 on the Flat River in St. Luke's Dist. Person Co. was created from Caswell Co. in 1791, and his land fell into this new county. On Sept. 8, 1795 Charles sold this land and probably moved to Jackson Co., Ga.
The name of his wife is unknown. He had the following children:
1) James Pyron married Lucy Johnson and lived in Jackson Co.
2) Lewis Pyron. He married twice. The name of the first wife is unknown. Second wife was Mary "Polly" Harris.
3) William Pyron married first Martha Allen and second to Elizabeth Browning. He lived in Greene Co., Ga.
4) Susan Pyron married Hardy Strickland.
5) Martha Pyron married John Barnett. (Martha's relationship is unproven, but she is thought to have been a child of Charles).
Many Pyron researchers believe that Charles Pyron, William Pyron (the Rev. War soldier), and John Pyron who married Delphia Stokes and moved to Miss. were brothers. Unfortunately, no proof has been found.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|