Hi Al: I obtained several interesting documents related to Rachel Redd Everly, but she is still somewhat a mystery. Here is a list of what I have:
1. The marriage of Joseph Everly and Rachel Stincen on Feb 16, 1815 By Squire Thomas Carson (http:www.pa-roots.com/
2. Washington County PA partitions jan Term 1825 per Nathanial Redd (Deed Aug 5 1824) "John, Mary, w/o Jacob Myers, Hannah, w/o John Spohr, Andrew, Sarah, w?o James Shane, Elizabeth, wife of George Neblack, Anne, w/o Samuel Baker (later signed as Anne Tague), Rachel, w/o Conrad Stephenson, later w/o Joseph Everly, Daniel, Peter, Solomon, Joseph, deceased (10 Children not named),Catherine, w/o Jacob Gantz (2 children), Barbara, w/o John McClelland (6 children)."
I obtained this from http://pa-roots.com/washington/part7.html And this is where I got the idea that Rachel might have been married twice before Joseph Everly. Although, the Stincen name in the above marriage document may have been a mispelling of Stephenson.
3. Marriage of Lismund Basey or Baser (listed both ways) in 1837 in the Logansport Herald (p. 3 col. 4 and also in the Canal Telegraph (page 3, col. 1) A woman from Wayne County Gen. sent me copies of the actual notices she had found in http://grins.freesavers.com/cass_ba-be.htm The Canal Telegraph was also a Logansport newspaper of that era.
4. Two guardianship documents from Wayne County Ohio:
- one dated Oct. 14th 1833 on p.122 of V. 6 of the Wayne Co Ohio Commont pleas Court Journal "Elizabeth Everly 16 yrs and Sarah Everly 14 years appeared in open court and made choice of Samuel Lusaso? as their guardian ordered by the Court that said Samuel Luso?? be appointed guardian for Joseph Everly, aged 12 and Susanna Everly age 7 and Leonard everly age 3 years and that they enter into bond with Daniel Lusaso? and Washington Patton in the sum??? of 400$ according to laws."
the second document from the same v.6 but page 224 and no date "/elizabeth Everly age 16 and Sarah Everly age 14 appeared in court and made choice of Nathanial Ted Stevenson as their guardian. The court confirms the choice and appointed the said. N.R. Stevenson guardian for said wards and appointed Lois Stephenson guardian for Joseph Everly age 12, Susanna Everly age 7 and Leonard Everly age 3 all minor children of Joseph Everly deceased and with that Lois /// enter into ????? with Washington Patton and John ???? in the ???sum of 400$ as conditions according to laws".
Now I am assuming this was a later date than the previous document since it is a later page. Whatever happened to Rachel I cannot guess unless she went up to Logansport and met this Basey and left the children in Wayne County. And somehow, Susannah went to Vermillion County Indiana to teach school where she met and married my Manley ancestor, Edmund (1852). I also found Susannah in Will County Ill. in 1850 census living with a Dr. John Daggett family and Susannah was 24yr. at that time. But I do not know where she spent her childhood - whether Ohio or Indiana - or why she went to live with Dr. Daggett family. Although Will County borders with Indiana.
I think this what you wanted me to send you. ANy additional information I will welcome. Certainly Joseph Everly died in 1829 instead of in the 1830's as has been listed by others because I have the receipt for his coffin - and then I found Rachel living alone with the children in Wayne County in 1830.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|