I dug out my notes, and here is what I have on the early Renicks. Yea verily, we are chasing the same set of folks! I apologize if you already have this information - it came to me from Lois Renick:
George Renick (abt 1675-1737) m. ?? late 1600s. Possibly from Enniskillen, Fermanagh Co, Ireland. Came to PA ca 1720 [The Abingdon Presbyterian Church records suggest 1711]
George's children were:
1. Wm (abt 1700-1741) m. Mary Dugan - lived in Paxtang Twp, Lancaster Co PA
2. Elizabeth (abt 1701-??) m. Robert Poage 2 Jan 1723-24, Abingdon Presbyterian Church
3. Thomas (abt 1710-1751) m. ?? - died in now Hardy Co WV
4. Robert (abt 1715-1757) m. Elizabeth "Betsy" Archer ca 1741
5. George ??
William and Mary Dugan Renick were my ancestors. Their oldest son, Henry (~1725-1771) married Martha Wilson. Henry and Martha's daughter, Mary, married John Gealey (1750-1840).
Betsy Archer was the daughter of Sampson Archer and Rebecca Thompson. Robert was killed 1757 by Indians Augusta Co VA on the way to OH. Betsy and children taken prisoner, released 1764-65
Children of Robert and Betsy were:
1. Nancy (~1744-??) m. John (?) Vincent?
2. William (1745-1815) m. Sarah Hamilton, dau of Andrew
3. Joshua (1746-1784 or 1810?) died Detroit Mich? had Indian wife
4. Thomas (~1746-1779) m. Phoebe
5. Betsy died in captivity, probably in OH
6. Margaret (Peggy) (1751-??) m. George Kincaid
7. Robert (1755-1757) killed by indians
8. Robert II (1757-1835) m. Letitia (Letty) Wells Dalton
Please let me know if you would like photocopies of the records -- I have left some things out, for brevity. And I would dearly like to know about Thomas, father of George!
glenn s. gealy
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|