Thanks for your prompt and informative reply.
My records indicate that John Ressler (1841-1892)who was married to Sarah Miller is James Ressler's older brother. I have no record of Orpha Knight so I am probably speaking of a different person. Here's what I have on the children of Jacob Ressler (1817-1890) and Sarah Helsel:
1.Daniel (1839-1927) married Charlotte Skiles
2.Jacob (1842-1917)a Civil War vet (PA Volunteers Co. F 2nd battalion)who married Mary Jane Aungst He is buried in Westmoreland County. Michael Caldwell has a picture of him and his wife on his website.(www.michaelscottcaldwell.com)
3. John Ressler (1841-1892) m. Sarah Miller
4. David (1844-1890) m. Sarah Stutzman
5. Jane (1847-?) m. John Aungst
6. Henry (1853-1902) m. Jemima Detwiler
7. Sarah (1853-?) m. Robert Davis then David Hildebream (unsure of spelling)
8. James (1855-1935) m. Margaret Brown, then Margaret Smith
9. Elias (1858-1911) m. Jennie Detwiler (1859-1938)
John Ressler (who married Orpha Knight) is not descended from Daniel and Charlotte Ressler. They had 5 children, only one of them a male,--my great grandfather Jacob Ressler
I am sending you a self-addressed stamped envelope so that you may send me copies of the obituaries, group sheets. If it costs extra postage, I would be glad to send it.
Thanks for the information
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|