I believe I have a little info on this family. My line does not actually flow through SAID.....Nancy Ann Said married my great grandfather (William Jones), but died young....and he remarried. That 2nd marriage gave birth to my grandfather.
Descendants of Thomas Said
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 SAID was born 1772 in Fairfax County, Virginia, and died 1826 in Sangamon, Illinois. He married ANNA HARRIS 1797. She was born 1779 in Fairfax County, Virginia, and died 1852 in Iron Hill, Farmers Creek Township, Jackson Co., Iowa.
Children of THOMAS SAID and ANNA HARRIS are:
2. i. BARTLETT2 SAID, b. December 04, 1813, Kentucky; d. May 20, 1904, Susanville, Lassen County, California.
ii. WILLIAM SAID, b. 1798, Kentucky; d. 1876, Indiana; m. ANNA DAVIS, 1822.
iii. NANCY SAID, b. 1802, Kentucky; d. 1855, Grant County, Indiana; m. JOSEPH CORN, 1822.
iv. PHOEBE SAID, b. 1804; d. 1822; m. JOHN DONALDSON.
v. MARY SAID, b. 1807.
vi. JESSE SAID, b. 1809, Gallatin County, Kentucky; d. 1891, Correctionville,Woodbury County, Iowa; m. MARY GARDINER.
vii. NATHAN SAID, b. 1811, Warsaw, Gallatin County, Kentucky; d. 1893, Farmers Creek Township, Jackson County, Iowa; m. CATHERINE WHITE, 1835.
viii. CYNTHIA SAID, b. 1813.
ix. CORNELIUS SAID, b. 1817.
x. THOMAS JEFFERSON SAID, b. 1819, Gallatin County, Kentucky; d. 1914, Lovell, Logan County, Oklahoma; m. PHOEBE ANN CONKLIN, October 12, 1848, Jackson County, Iowa; b. 1830, Monroe County, Ohio.
Generation No. 2
2. BARTLETT2 SAID (THOMAS1) was born December 04, 1813 in Kentucky, and died May 20, 1904 in Susanville, Lassen County, California. He married (1) UNAMED WIFE 1835. He married (2) MARY CONKLIN February 07, 1853 in Jackson County, Iowa, daughter of WILLIAM CONKLIN and EATHER ACKLEY. She was born March 11, 1833 in Marion, Monroe County, Ohio, and died December 04, 1926 in Oakland, California.
Notes for BARTLETT SAID:
Another of the 49'ers, he is alone, single, at Dutch Creek, El Dorado County, CA, close to Placerville, mining for gold in 1850.
Bartlett goes back to Iowa, marries Mary Conklin, and they crossed the plains by oxen and wagon to Rich Bar, California.
The 1860 census has Bartlett living at Rich Bar, Plumas County, CA. In 1870, he is living alone, but near W.E. Jones. By the 1900 census, he is living in Lassen County.
More About BARTLETT SAID:
Notes for MARY CONKLIN:
Divorced Bartlett Said in 1865.
Children of BARTLETT SAID and UNAMED WIFE are:
3. i. NANCY ANN3 SAID, b. February 29, 1840, Iowa; d. October 05, 1876, Summit/Beckwourth Pass, California.
ii. UNKNOWN SAID, b. Abt. 1835, Probably Iowa.
Children of BARTLETT SAID and MARY CONKLIN are:
iii. BARTLETT EMERSON3 SAID, b. November 07, 1853, Iowa.
iv. MARY ANN SAID, b. March 07, 1855, Rich Bar, Plumas County, California; d. March 18, 1940, San Jose, California.
v. MARIA JUANITA SAID, b. August 30, 1857, Rich Bar, Plumas County, California; d. June 08, 1864, Sonora County, California.
Generation No. 3
3. NANCY ANN3 SAID (BARTLETT2, THOMAS1) was born February 29, 1840 in Iowa, and died October 05, 1876 in Summit/Beckwourth Pass, California. She married WILLIAM EDWARD JONES September 02, 1855 in Rich Bar, California, son of HIRAM JONES and HARRIET BLOXOM. He was born February 15, 1830 in Accomac County, Virginia, and died October 11, 1888 in Sierraville, California.
More About NANCY ANN SAID:
Burial: Chilcoot Cemetery, California
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|