What I am trying to establish is the name of the daughter of Moses Sanders Sr (d1817) who was Richard Mauldin's first wife. In most records she is called "Nancy". However, I suspect her name may have been Kesiah or Nancy Kesiah. Does anyone have any factual or Biblical records that establish her name? Or was the name Nancy just a guess by the same genealogist that put the headstone on Moses Sander Sr's grave?(and made several errors)
Here are the facts:
1. In his will, Moses Sanders Sr. left $2 to Richard Mauldin to show there was a relationship but that no real amount was to be given.
2. A Sanders who had actually met Richard as a boy referred to him as "Uncle Richard Mauldin" in a 1880 letter.
3. Moses Sanders Sr. did not leave any legacy to any of the children of Richard Mauldin (not even $2). In this carefully written will, the only conclusion is that the union of his daughter and Richard Mauldin was childless.
4. Richard Mauldin was not married to anyone when Grove Level Baptist Church was chartered in 1802.
5. Richard Mauldin bought land in Franklin Co GA in 1803. It was witnessed by both Moses Sanders Sr. and John Machen (bother of Richard's 2nd wife).
6. Richard Mauldin's first two daughters were born 1805/1806 and they may be twins. Their names are Nancy and Kesiah.
7. All of Richard Mauldin's daughters were named after sisters of his second wife Elizabeth Machen, except Kesiah.
Greenville Connection Facts
1. In 1796, John Mauldin Sr and wife Sarah sold land. It was witnessed by Kesiah Mauldin and Wesley Mauldin. Wesley Mauldin is a presumed son of John/Sarah. Kesiah is not the wife of Wesley.
2. In 1800, the census record for Aaron Sanders (son of Moses Sr) and Wesley Mauldin are on the same page.
3. In July 1803, Aaron Sander and Moses Sanders Jr. witness a deed of Moses Sanders Sr to David Sanders.
4. In 1810, Henry Machen, father of Richard's second wife Elizabeth is one the next page to John Mauldin. Bible records show she was born in Greenville.
5. In 1800, John Mauldin Sr and wife Sarah had a younger man and woman living with them (the age of Richard and Nancy)... and no young children.
So, I suspect:
1) that the Kesiah Mauldin who witnessed the 1796 deed was (Nancy) Kesiah (Sanders) Mauldin.
2) that the younger couple living with John and Sarah in the 1800 census was Richard Mauldin and (Nancy)Kesiah (Sanders) Mauldin.
So, I am looking for evidence to either prove or disprove that the 1st wife of Richard Mauldin was (Nancy)Kesiah(Sanders)Mauldin.
Does anyone have such info?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|