I am working on the Sanders family from Camden District, Richland County, SC to Robertson County, TN which then fell into what is today Cheatham County, TN (some of the family stayed there) to Williamson County, IL and Scott County, MO (Richmond) and Johnson & Reynolds County, MO (Lawson Sanders and his descendants).
A DNA project is also underway to prove relationship among William and Mariah/Mary's children and to find a connection among the descendants of William Sanders who died in 1803 in Robertson County, TN. Perhaps our Sanders line will be established through a match to others who are testing and know from "whence they came."
So far Dave Sanders (Luke descendant of Williamson County, IL son of William Sanders who died about 1830 in Robertson County, TN and spouse Mariah/Mary) and Glen Sanders (Richmond descendant of Scott County, MO another son of William and Mariah) have tested. We now need a Lawson Sanders (son of Andrew Sanders & Mary Price) descendant to test to prove the relationship to William Sanders who died about 1803 in Robertson County, TN.
We need Sanders descendants from the following persons to test:
1. Robert Sanders married Judith Maxey d. by Dec 1852 Robertson County, TN
2. James C. Sanders married Cynthia Gent d. abt Nov 1846 Stoddard County,MO.
All his children were reared in Williamson County, IL by the children of William Sanders and Mariah.
3. Andrew Sanders married 1) Lucinda Riley Gent & 2) Nancy Bandy. Probably died before 1849 Williamson County, IL
4. Isaac Sanders Jr. married Dilly Gent. Said to be living at Paducah, KY in his father in law's (Charles Gent) estate settlement papers.
5. Luke Sanders d. before 12 Nov 1810 Robertson County, TN when administration was appointed to Wm. Meneese 12 Nov 1810. Left unnamed minors in guardianship papers. May be the son of Thomas Sanders d. 1802 Edgecombe County, NC. Has a strong connection to an Isaac Sanders, both of them buying and selling land together in Rutherford County, TN (1805 - 1808). Luke is found buying and selling land in Wilson County, TN (1808) and living in Robertson County, TN.
6. Lawson Sanders b. 18 Oct 1816 Robertson County, TN, d. 26 Oct 1881 Reynolds County, MO
7. William Sanders d. 1803 Robertson County, TN. Wife, Sarah. Will mentions daughters, Ellither, Sarah Jent(wife of Charles Jent/Gent), Mary Lewis (wife of Jacob Lewis), Elizabeth Miles (wife of John Miles), Fanny Evans (spouse unknown to me), Rachel Moake (wife of Jacob Moake), Lydia Bass (wife of Job
Sons: Isaac Sanders Sr.
Gabriel Sanders married Sarah Simmons
Andrew Sanders b. 1765 South Carolina, d.1822 Robertson County,TN married Mary Price
I believe the above named persons from the family of the William who died in 1803 in Robertson County, TN belong in our family group but have no paper proof, only speculation. Any known information or relationship to this group would be appreciated also.
Gene Sanders' "An American Odyssey" book was a great start but I would like to see more data such as birth places, death places, marriage place etc in the next book which I am working on.
There is more Tennessee information and relationships added as well as some Richland County, South Carolina info.
If you have any connection to the above named Sanders and would like to update or add your information to be included in my work it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone interested in dna testing can read more about the subject at familytreedna.com (I am not affiliated with this site).
If you have any questions or connections please feel free to contact me.
Charla Schroeder Murphy
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|