Following is a summary of what I have pieced together about James M. Scaggs and his family.
- 1840-60 census Hempstead Co, Saline Twp, AR
- Hempstead Co. Marriages online
- LDS IGI and AFN records online
- probate record for his death
James M. Scaggs (also found spelled Skaggs and Scags) b. abt. 1808 in Arkansas, d. 1846 in Hempstead Co. AR
m. Catharine Kernel b. abt. 1812 in Arkansas
married 1833 in Washington, Hempstead Co. Arkansas
Children, all born in Hempstead Co. AR:
- Lucetta b. 5 Dec 1834; d. 23 May 1878 Sebastion Co. AR; m1. William H. Neal; m2. Richard Tapley ANDREWS
- a son b. abt. 1835-1840 (name?)
- Ellen b. abt. 1838
- Sallie b. 1843 (aka Sarah?); m. Edward ALEXANDER (also seen spelled ALEXANDRIA)
With James in the 1840 census is a male age 15-20, thus b.1820-25, which is too old to be his son, so possibly a brother. Does anyone know who this might be?
- What happened to the wife after death of husband?
- Name of the son?
- Name of the assumed to be brother?
One of them could be my missing male Scaggs.
My missing Scaggs is married to Sarah, they are are parents of Elias Scaggs b. 1860 in Hempstead Co. AR. Elias is my G.Grandfather. Elias has two brothers Henry Clay b. 1863(raised by Sanders family) and Ambrose Brice b.1870 (raised by Ferguson family). These children lost their parents when they were young.
If you have related information, I would like to hear from you.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|