Hello! I have joined the pieces:
William Roper Scrimshaw b. 1805 Leverington, CAM d. 1884 Norfolk.
His parents were William Scrimshaw (b. 1775 Leverington d. 17/8/1849 Leverington) and Mary West (b. 1783 Newton In The Isle, CAM d. 1811 Leverington) and they were married Feb 1804 in Newton In The Isle, CAM.
His full blood siblings were:
1. Rebecca W. Scrimshaw b. 1804 Leverington d. bef 1830.
2. James West Scrimshaw b. 1806 Leverington
3. Harriet Scrimshaw b. 1808 Leverington d. 1809 Leverington.
After Mary West died, William married Mary Marchbanks (b. 1789 Wisbech St Mary, CAM d. 12/7/1866 Leverington). They married 9/3/1812 at St Leonards Church, Leverington. They had a further 10 children:
1. Robert Scrimshaw b. 1814 Leverington d. 1885 Surrey.
2. Ann Scrimshaw (my 3xgt grandmother) b. 1816 Leverington d. 23/7/1884 Portland, Victoria, Australia.
3. George Scrimshaw b. 1817 Leverington d. 1900 Norfolk.
4. Martha Scrimshaw b. 1818 Fetton End, Leverington d. 1881 Surrey.
5. Harriet Scrimshaw b. 1820 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1821 Gorefield, Leverington
6. Frances (Fanny) Scrimshaw b. 1822 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1882 Cambridgeshire.
7. Susanna Scrimshaw b. 1825-26 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1903 Cambridgeshire.
8. Sarah Jane Scrimshaw b. 1828 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1905 Cambridgeshire.
9. Rebecca Scrimshaw b. 1830 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1830 Gorefield, Leverington.
10. Mary Maria Scrimshaw b. 1831 Gorefield, Leverington d. 1895 Cambridgeshire.
I also have all the information for all the surviving children including their marriages, children, grandchildren, etc.
Back to William Roper Scrimshaw, he married Mary Ann Trolley in 1844 in Cambridgeshire. She was born 1823 in Newton In The Isle and died 1905 in Norfolk. Her parents were William and Sarah.
William Scrimshaw's (William Roper Scrimshaw's father) parents were John Scrimshaw and Ann Smith and they were married 18/11/1772 at St Leonards Church, Leverington. They also had 2 other sons that I am aware of;
1. Thomas Scrimshaw b. 1773 Leverington d. 1827 Leverington.
2. Edward Scrimshaw b. abt 1780 d. 1843 Cambridgeshire.
I still cannot find where the 'Roper' comes from. Perhaps from the Mary West side of the family.
Speaking of Mary West. Her parents were Robert West (1746-1803) and Mary Burrows (d. 1799) and they were married 23/6/1773 in Newton In The Isle. They had these other children:
1. Elizabeth West b. 1774
2. Judith West b. 1776 d. 1812
3. Sarah West b 1779
4. Sarah West b. 1782 d. 1783
5. Robert West b. 1785 d. 1786
6. Robert West b. 1787 d. 19/7/1852
7. James West b. 2/5/1790 d. 1847
8. William West b. 1792
It was a long process finding this information out. It all began when I went to Wisbech last year and found the marriage of william Scrimshaw and MAry Marchbanks. It said he was a widower and it all went from there. Then I found out that all the research I had done for you actually fit into my tree after all!
Happy reading and digesting!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|