Nelson and John Shue were brothers, as you thought, and they married sisters, it seems. They were children of John and Elizabeth Shue of Cabarrus County, NC.
John and Elizabeth's children were:
1.Henry Shoe (b. 1795-1800) married Frankey Madden 07 Sept 1816.
2. John Shue (b. 23 May 1799) married Nancy Hatley @ 1820.
3. David Shoe (b. 1800-1810) married Elizabeth Myers 15 May 1821.
4. Rainy (Rejoiner/Regina) Shoe (b. unknown) married David Myers on 15 May 1821 (have wondered if David and Rainy were twins ??)
5. Nelson Shue (born @ 1811) married Martha (Patsy) Hatley @ 1830.
6. Christina (Christiana) Shoe married Nelson Allman (Almond?) 08 Nov. 1831, (and later moved to Montgomery, Illinois) and
8. unknown daughter who may have died while young.
Between 1827 and 1831, John, Rainy, David and Nelson Shue sold the lands they inherited from the father (John) to their mother's brother, Jacob Harkey (per Cabarrus County NC deed book 11, pages 7, 14, 113, and 394.) Their sister, Christina was a ward of Jacob Harkey (original spelling of Harkey name was Herge) and if she inherited any land, I found no record.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|