There are several Josephs among the New England SIASes:
1) Capt. Joseph SIAS, s/o John & Sarah Ann (PITMAN) SIAS, who m. Ruth MATHEWS/MATHES.
2) Joseph SIAS, s/o Samuel SIAS II & __?__ (s/o Samuel SIAS I & Phoebe __?__).
3) Joseph SIAS, s/o Charles SIAS & Jane __?__.
4) Joseph SIAS, who married Elizabeth HUNT on 22 Apr 1804, Salem, Essex Co., MA. (This Joseph could be s/o Samuel II or Charles & Jane.)
5) Joseph SIAS living in Genesee [now Wyoming] Co., NY, in 1801. (This Joseph could be s/o Samuel II or Charles & Jane.)
6) Joseph SIAS, s/o Samuel SIAS III & Elizabeth "Betsy" (QUIMBY) JACKSON, who married Hannah __?__ and moved to Norfolk Co., MA.
Among the SIASes of Baltimore Co., MD, who moved to Huntingdon Co., PA, then on to Ohio, there was:
1) Joseph SIAS, probably s/o John & Mary (CHAMBERS) SIAS, who was brother of the Sarah SIAS who married Benjamin CORBIN. He is in the 1790 Census of Baltimore Co., MD.
2) Joseph SIAS, in the 1830 Census of Jefferson Co., PA.
3) Joseph SIAS, in the 1840 Census of Geauga Co., OH. (May be the same individual as above.)
The SIAS/SIARS/SIERS of VA and WV appear to be descendants of John & Mary (__?__) SIAS of Prince William Co., VA:
1) Joseph SIERS, son or brother of the John SIERS who married Sarah PAUL. He is believed to be the Joseph SIERS on the 1781-2 tax rolls of Hampshire Co., (W)VA, and the 1796 tax rolls of Greenbrier Co., (W)VA; and to be the Joseph "SAWYERS" who married Elizabeth McDADE on 3 Jan 1787 in Greenbrier Co., VA/WV. He is said to be the same Joseph SIERS who died 2 May 1816, Jackson Co., IN, though I've yet to find proof they are the same man.
Lastly, there was a Joseph SIERS on the Quit Rent Rolls of Essex Co., NJ, 1696. I don't know any more about him.
So far, I have found no connection between SIAS of New England, SIAS of MD>PA>OH, and SIAS/SIARS/SIERS of VA>WV. The fact that, in the 1880 Census, James SIAS, husband of Rebecca ADKINS, gives "Virginia" as his own birthplace and as his father's birthplace leads me to believe that James has no connection to the New England SIASes.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|