Two pieces of good news.
Firstly, an anonymous researcher is willing to subsidise two to four tests by $US25 each in order to foster research on the relationship between English branches of the family or families.
The following 'rules' apply
1. Each subsidy will be $US25 off a Y-DNA test of at least 37 markers conducted by FTDNA.
2. The DNA must be supplied by a male who is descended along the male line from a person with the surname Skuce or a variant. The person must join the Skuce surname project.
3. A subsidy will not be given if there is only one person interested.
4. The participant must have a pedigree going back, along the male line, to a Skuce (or variant) born before 1850 in England
5. The participant must be willing to have that pedigree displayed on the website along with the results. [The pedigree will not identify any living descendants -Bob]
6. A subsidy will not be given to participants who are probably related. [I interpret this as meaning that participants' most distant ancestors should be from different geographic areas - Bob]
7. Only 4 participants will be subsidised. The offer must be taken up prior to September 30th.
Secondly, FTDNA yesterday announced to Group Administrators greatly reduced prices for a limited time for anyone. The following is a quote from them.
"The promotion is geared towards bringing new members to your projects by offering the following big incentives:
Y-DNA12 orders include a FREE mtDNA test (Y-DNA12+mtDNA promotion price of $99; normally $189)
Y-DNA25 orders include a FREE mtDNA test (Y-DNA25+mtDNA promotion price of $148; normally $238)
Y-DNA37 orders price REDUCED to $119 (normally $189)
Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus orders price REDUCED to $189 (normally $339)
Y-DNA67+mtDNAPlus orders price REDUCED to $288 (normally $409)
mtDNAPlus price REDUCED to $149 (normally $189)
This promotion goes into effect immediately and will be available until August 31st, 11:59PM CST.
We would also like to make you aware of a change in shipping costs. Since our inception we never increased our shipping charge, even though in the meantime USPS has increased its rates 6 times. For that reason, our shipping cost will increase by $2, effective immediately."
Anyone who wants to take advantage of a subsidy should contact me directly with brief details of their descent which shows their most distant Skuce ancestor. We can work out the details from there. Should more than one person from the same apparent branch contact me I will accept the person who contacted me first.
This means that you may be able to get a 37 marker test for $94 instead of the usual $189. There is a small postage fee on top of that.
General information is given on the project website http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~skucedna/index.htm If you would like to join the project, now or at any time, details of how to do so are on the project website.
Skuce DNA Project Administrator
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|