To all SLEDGE researchers…….
I have finally completed compiling all of the following into one FamilyTree Maker file...which has also been converted to a GEDCOM file to share with others:
1) My own research of the past 25-plus years..
2) All 400 -plus Family Group pages from Harry Wilkerson Sledge
3) All 14 Pedigree charts done by Ruffin Sledge Davis - which were computerized into
the book, The SLEDGE family in America, compiled by Larry Martin & Ruffin Davis
4) Civil War records and other research provided by James Chapman which were included in the above
5) Veterans research compiled by James Harold Sledge and included in above book.
6) Numerous wills, news articles, etc, furnished from several sources
7) Data from innumerable emails and letters from too many researchers to mention
8) The SLEDGE coat-of-arms in both black-and-white and color, with explanation page
All told, this represents a combined total of over 200 years of research on the SLEDGE family and allied lines! (I have over 12,000 names in my database now).
I do not plan to place this file on Ancestry.com or on the World Family Tree... I disagree with our giving them our research free… and then they charge up to $39.00 to sell it on disc!… I prefer to make it available direct to Sledge descendants via snail mail at a lower cost - just to cover my time and materials for mailing it on CD-ROM.
I plan to prepare a GEDCOM file, an Outline Descendant Tree, as well as a Genealogy Report with all the text notes with wills, war records, etc. included... I’m also working on scanned images of early records, and hope to include some of these also. These will be placed on one CD-ROM for distribution....
This is a work in progress, and I would be glad to receive corrections and/or additions to add to updated CD’s in the future.
Contact me directly by email at LADLSL@aol.com for details about how to get a copy...
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|