Actually I did some more research and I found out where Elkanah South was from in England and more about the line. This information came from the LDS database on an internet site called http://www.familysearch.org Someone named Hazel Patricia Castillo had submitted this information into the database. So I owe her a debt of gratitude since she did all this work. So here is info about some of the South's in Canada. First there was:
James South, b. 1795 in Heybridge, Essex, England
His son John South b. 1821, Heybridge, Essex, England married Letitia Pricilla Brabrook and later Sarah Ann Brabrook (b. about 1823)
Children of Letitia were: Louis b. 1847 and Ernest b. 1847
Children of Sara Ann were:
1) Daniel South b. 24 May 1853, Maldon, Essex, England;
2) Richard South, b. 1855, Maldon, Essex, Heybridge England;
3) Rosa South, b. 1859, Maldon, Essex, Heybridge, England;
4) Sophia South, b. 1857, Heybridge England;
5) Elkanah South b. 27 Feb. 1860, Heybridge, Essex England
Elkanah (died 21 Sept. 1944 in Powassan, Ontario) came to Canada and married Agnes Haddow, Aug 21, 1893, Hamilton Ontario. Agnes was born 9 Aug. 1877 and died 14 Dec. 1940. Her father was John Haddow and her mother was Mary Eye.
Elkanah and his wife Agnes had the following children:
1) Louis John South b. 16 June 1895 in Hamilton, Ontario. Died 14 July 1967, in North Bay, Ontario. Served in WWI.
2) Joseph South b. 13 Oct., 1906 in Parry Sound, Ontario. Died 30 Nov. 1956
3) William Egbert South, b. 7 March, 1902, North Himsworth Township, Parry Sound, Ontario. Died 28 Feb. 1954
4) Eleanor Mary South (Aunt Nelly), b. 17 Nov. 1896, Hamilton, Ontario. Died 24 Nov. 1970
5) Edward Charles South, B. 27 Jan. 1900, Parry Sound, Ontario. Died 2 April, 1972.
6) Thomas Henry South, b. 7 March 1898, Hamilton, Ontario. Died 1899.
7) Margaret South, b. ? Died, date not known by me.
8) Another girl, who's name I don't know.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|