My husband is direct blood line descended from Richard Berry, Amelia Berry's brother and has researched his Berry line back many, many generations. We also have a lot of Berry cousins that have and are researching our Berry line and related lines also.
Amelia Berry was born 1741 in Maryland and according to what information you have she married H. Sprigg.
1. Do you know what the "H." stands for in H. Sprigg's name?
1. Do you have the documentation on the marriage of Amelia Berry and H. Sprigg?
2. Do you have the date and place of the marriage of Amelia Berry and H. Sprigg?
2. Do you know their children's names and their birth dates and the town, county, and state where they were born?
We were not aware that our Berry family married twice into the Sprigg line.
We do have documentation that our Benjamin Berry married Mary Hilliary and her parents are Thomas Hilliary and Eleanor Sprigg.
1. What are the names and date and place of the second Sprigg and Berry marriage?
2. Do you have the documentation on their marriage?
3. Do you know who their children's names and their birth dates and town, county, and state where they were born?
1. Are you direct blood line Berry related? I am not sure of exactly what you are looking for on our Berry line, but as you inquired about Amelia Berry, here are Amelia's parents and siblings.
Father: Jeremiah Berry born 1712 in Frederick, Montgomery, Maryland and died on 3 April 1769 in Federick, Montgomery, Maryland.
Mother: Mary Claggett born about 1712 in Prince Georges County, Maryland and died on 15 Oct 1792 in Marlborough Plains, Prince Georges, Maryland. Mary Claggett is the daughter of Richard Claggett and Deborah Dorsey.
Married about 1732 in Maryland
Children of Jeremiah Berry and Mary Claggett are:
1. Richard Berry born 20 Jul 1734 in Maryland and died Dec 1798 in Washington County, Kentucky. Richard married Rachel Shipley in 1762 in Springfield, Washington, Kentucky.
2. Mary Berry born 1736 in Maryland and died.
3. Benjamin Berry born 7 Jul 1739 in Prince Georges County, Maryland and died.
4. Amelia Berry born 1741 in Maryland and died. Amelia married H. Sprigg about 1770 in Maryland.
5. William Berry born 20 May 1742 in Maryland and died in 1783 in Edgefield, South Carolina.
6. Elisha Berry born 1745 in Maryland and died.
7. Zachariah Berry (Captain in the Revolutionary War) born 11 Jul 1749 in Maryland and died 27 Mar 1845 and is buried in the family graveyard Concord estate, Upper Marlborough, Maryland. Captain Zachariah married Elizabeth Owen. Source: DAR Newsletter Feb 2002 Marlborough Towne Chapter, Upper Marlboro, Maryland on birth and death dates for Captain Zachariah Berry.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|