According to what I have been able to piece together from the IGI and family records here is what I have.
born about <1780>
1st wife is unknown in family records but I suspect it is Mary Stalker who married a Charles Stalker on the 20 Nov 1804 in Killean and Kilchenzie
According to family records they had no children as she died shortly after their marriage
2nd wife was also unknown in family records but I suspect it is Kate Stalker who married a Charles Stalker in Killean and Kilchenzie, Argyll, Scotland on the 24 March 1807 They had 8 children
family records indicate
1.Mary md a Mr. McGeachy and moved to Canada
2.another daughter married a McAulay
3.Isabella md a Mr. McKinlay and moved to Canada
4.lists a Charles McStockair born 4 April 1820
in Killean and Kilchenzie to Charles McStockair and a ?
(I assume this is the same family)
5. also lists a Donald McStockair born 29 May 1817
in Killean and Kilchenzie to Charles McStockair and a ? McStockair
( I assume this is the same family)
The other three children are unknown at this time.
Katherine Downie md Charles McStockair on 8 Dec 1831
in Killean and Kilchenzie They had 3 or 4?
1. John Stalker (born 1834)md Ann McAlister
They had 4 children (Neil, Alexander, Charles, Catherine)
2. Robert Stalker (Came to Canada and was killed in an accident with a tree?)
3. Girzel (born 1838)(may be the same as #4)
4. Grace (born about 1840) My Ancestor. I think Girzel is a Gaelic form of Grace and that Grace and Girzel are the same person but I am not sure.
She married Robert Stewart in Killean and Kilchenzie in 1869.
I hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply. Laura at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|