Looking for help filling in a few blanks/extending lines. Perhaps some of the following will help others. All events are in West Kilbride.
CHILDREN OF GILBERT STALKER AND JANET MITCHELL
1. JOHN STALKER christened June 16 1793. He was a tailor, listed as such in Pigott's Ayrshire Directory 1837. Died 1876. I believe his grandson, JOHN, married ELISABETH BLUE December 31, 1857. I can find 2 of their children - ELISABETH born October 30 1858 and JOHN born December 9 1864.
2. MARY STALKER christened May 25, 1795.
3. DANIEL STALKER christened February 11 1798.
4. NEIL STALKER (probably my GGGG Grandfather) christened August 24, 1800.
At this point there is a gap of one generation until:
CHILDREN OF DANIEL STALKER AND CHRISTINA TAYLOR
(Married October 20 1849. She is from Skipness, Argyll and appears in both 1881 and 1891 censuses still living in West Kilbride. Daniel - my GG Grandfather - has died before 1881)
1. GILBERT STALKER born May 20 1855. He is my G Grandfather. First a ploughman latterly a railway surfaceman.
2. NEIL ANGUS STALKER born December 2 1858.
3. JEAN STALKER born July 13 1861. Presumably died in infancy.
4. JEAN STALKER born March 5 1864.
5. MALCOLM STALKER born December 30 1866. Married CATHERINE McMILLAN in 1895.
CHILDREN OF GILBERT STALKER AND HANNAH WILSON
(Married 1882. Hannah is one of six children from the marriage on July 24 1838 of QUENTIN WILSON, molecatcher, born 1818, and HANNAH McGHEE, born 1821)
1. HANNAH STALKER born c1882
2. JESSIE STALKER born c1884
3. DANIEL STALKER born c1885
4. MARGARET STALKER born c1887
5. AGNES CRAIG WILSON STALKER born c1889
6. QUINTIN STALKER (My Grandfather) born July 31, 1891. He is a train driver. Died c1961. Married MARION CAMERON who had sisters NANCY and SADIE (neither married). Settled in Fairlie where my father grew up.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|