Jane Stansbury married Thomas R. Kelly on January 9, 1845 in Brooke County, Virginia (what is now West Virginia). Jane had previously married a Scott (his first name is unknown). Jane was a widow at the time and Thomas was a widower.
I believe that Jane's parent's were Elisha Stansbury and Ruth Ensor who lived in Brooke County but I have not been able to find any documentation of that. Here is what I do have:
1) Jane Stansbury was born in Virginia.
2) The Kelly family Bible has an entry: "Elisha Stansbury died 23rd of December 1869." This date makes it unlikely that it was the Elisha Stansbury who married Ruth Ensor since that would have made him over 90 years old at death.
3) Jane was born on February 14, 1814 (also from the Kelly family Bible).
4) Elisha bought his first land in Brooke County, WV in 1812 which would have placed him in Virginia/West Virginia before Jane's birth.
5) There do not appear to be any other Stansbury's in the vicinity during that period.
If anyone has any information that could help me, I would love to hear from them
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|