The will of Tobias STANSBURY (of Tobias of Detmar), BA, pr. 7 Aug. 1764, gives to son George, home plantation, land to the east of Bear Creek called Bull Neck Branch. To son Tobias, other lands near Bear Creek from the head of Bull Neck Branch & Spring Branch. To same two sons, pt/o "Devident."
BA, MD, Deed Abstracts: The sons sold "Dividente" to Thos. OWINGS, 13 Oct. 1767. From WILKINSON's earlier maps, Geo. HORVATH redrew a map of the area of Owings Mills, which shows "Devedente" east of Deer Park Road and north of "Plains of Paran" & Winands Road. That does not appear to be the land you seek.
Little Gunpowder Falls now forms most of the eastern edge of Baltimore Co. Thomas STANSBURY surveyed "Stansbury," on the west side of Little Falls of the Gunpowder, 1724, & "Stansbury's Plains" in 1734, on "PW Plat W-1."
MD Rent Rolls, ca. 1700+, shows Jas. MAXWELL with "Island Point," 100 a., sur. Dec. 1688 for Mary STANSBY at the mouth of Gunpowder River on the east side, at the ENE end of a point by a marsh at the bay side.
These areas would seem to be northeast of Dundalk on the county line. Mary's land might even be in what is now Harford Co., formed in 1773 from Baltimore Co.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|