This is what I've found out about Edward Starbuck. You may have this source... it's loaded. Also has Gayers, Bulls...
Born: 1604/5 in Derbyshire, England
Died: 4 Dec 1690 at Nantucket age 86
Parents: Edward Starbuck -
Marriage: to Katherine Reynolds, b. abt 1605 in Wales, d. bet 1678 and 1690 at Dover, MA. Dau of Robert Reynolds.
Married: 1630 England
Note: Edward migrated to America about 1635, settling at Dover. He was representative in the General Court in 1643 and 1646, was an Elder in the church and in other ways enjoyed the respect and esteem of his fellow citizens. His influence over the Indians was so great that if at any time a suspicion or alarm arose among the early settlers, he was always in requisition to explain the apparent cause thereof, and to suggest a palliation for their rude and inexplicable action, which served to allay the fears of the more timid. There is a tradition that at one time an uprising among the Indians seemed imminent. They appeared to be gathering in hostile groups and as they greatly outnumbered the whites, it was a very serious affair. In this juncture, Edward Starbuck went unhesitatingly among them and soon succeeded in quieting them. The deed of Coatue to him by the Sachems as a "free and voluntary" gift shows their esteem for him. Tradition says that Edward Starbuck was a man of commanding presence.
Children of Edward and Katherine:
1. NATHANIEL STARBUCK b. 1635 d. 6d 6m 1719. (see below, Third generation)
2. DORCAS STARBUCK b. abt 1650. (see below, Third generation)
3. SARAH STARBUCK b. 1634 (See below, Third generation)
4. Abigailj Starbuck b.____, m. Peter Coffin, he b. 1631, d. 1715 in NH
5. Esther Starbuck b.____, m. Humphrey Varney. Esther was his 1st wife. Her sister, Sarah, above, was his 2nd wife.
6. Jethro Starbuck b. 1651 d 27 May 1663. He was killed by the overturning of a cart at the age of 12.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|