Sam, hope I didn't upset you! I have never known who my oldest Jesse decends from, in fact, never really thought we
decended from Pa. Steads. I have been at this for over 30
years and have gathered tons of documents and visited numerous libriaries, court houses, cem., etc. And most not
loaded as of yet. I agree about proof. But, if people are avoiding posting here because of John Steed(s), then its a shame and they are the losers. Being able to speak ones OPINION is what this nation was built on and flurrishes today (I hope). With that in mind, my OPINION is that if we
go back far enough, all of us Steads/Stede/Steeds are related. But, I also, have questions as listed below:
1. How did Capt. John Steed's military records come up
missing from Nat'l Archives.
2. Why was there court battles over Capt. John's land in Ky.
and over a Jesse Steed's land in Tn.?
4. Why was John Steeds named crossed out of a wedding a
record and other name written in?
5. Why do people get upset dicussing this John Steed/Stead
6. What DAR records are correct?
7. Who was John Stead who married a Kath./Cath. Cox in Pa.
I could go on but, trying to find answers to these questions is part of the fun of Genealogy research.
Anyway, I will keep looking and keep having fun at my hobby.
Hope you do the same.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|