Thanks all for you most enlighting lecture however, I would rather see you posting some of you "PROVEN" information rather than using this forum as a BULLY POLPIT. When we started exchanging info via the Web in the 1970/80's, we shared almost every bit of info we could gather. We did not care if it was documented proof, heresay or speculation.
Any lead or opinion was greatly appreciated. With that in
mind, maybe some of you more enlightened ones can answer some of the following questions:
1. Was Capt. John Steed married prior to marrying Mary Joliffe? (i.e. Cath. Cox in Pa. records). It was 3rd marrige for Mary Joliffe so, quite poss. John married previously too.
2. How many Stead/Steed families were in England in 1000
AD, 1500AD or in any other European countries during same time frame?
3. Does anyone have ANY knowledge of any Stead/Stede/Steed
coming to U.S. from any other place than England?
4. Who were the John and John Jr. Steeds who were transported back and forth from England to U.S.?
5. Did Capt. John Steed serve in VA. or Pa. (according to my records I found, the John Steed from Pa. was Pvt., 11th Pa. Regt. record 4535 and the John Steed who served from Va. went for Lt. to Capt.?).
6. Does anyone in England have any records of the English
Steeds immigrating to the U.S.
7. Who is Peter Steed's father (father of Capt.
John Steed)? Could it be John or John Jr. who transported
to U.S. around 1673? or Thomas?
8. Who was John Steed in Pa. 1800 census with 7 people in his family?
If possible, please answer these questions here, please, do not direct me to some other ill designed and confusing web site. And for the record, I claim no ties to Edwin Stede
or Kent England and unlike a few others, I WILL share any and all information I have.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|