St. John Family Genealogy Forum
Among the founders of Windsor, CT are listed: Matthias Sension and Nicholas Sension.
Further indicating some kind of connection between them, we find the following in the Windsor,CT. land records:
Matthias St. John (Sension) in 1640 had granted to him, at Windsor, a lot in the Palisades containing ten rods. This was occupied in 1890 by Mrs. Anson Loomis. It was bounded, South by the Burying Ground and the road leading to it, at the South West corner of the Palisades Green; East by the Green. It was 10 rods wide and 18 rods deep, extending back to the Palisades. A record of the lot was made in the"Book of Figures " (the records were so kept before the Court established a Town Clerk to keep the records). This lot, with house, was sold to Walter Gaylord, the son of Deacon Gaylord. Sension also owned one of the home lots in Backer Row, 27 rods South of North Sandy Hill Road, 14 rods wide afterwards found in the possession of Nicholas Sension.
Notify Administrator about this message?