The FTDNA St. John genealogy project is looking for information and living male St. John descendants of the following lines: (Note: these lines are not confirmed, we are seeking additional information to support or disprove the following pedigrees)
Sir Alexander St. John (c. 1395 - 1474) m. Margery Johns and they had two sons, 1. Sir John St. John, Knight (c. 1430) who had a. John St. John m. Elenor ferch Owain (unk. children)and b. Elsbeth St. John m. Richard Newton / Alexander and Margery's second son is 2. *William St. John (c. 1430)m. Unknown ferch Gwilym had three children, 1. Oliver St. John m. Joan / Janet Raglan and had one son William St. John m. Jane Mathew (see below)/ 2. Efa St. John m. Roger Carne / 3. Margaret St. John m. Jenkin Tuberville
William St. John m. Jane Mathew had the following children:
1. Eve St. John m. Roger Carne
2. Catrin St. John m. William ap Gwilym
3. Margred St. John m William ap Hywel
4. joan St. john m. Mathew Gibbon
5. Morus St. John
5. Christopher St. John, Esq of Highlight married Elizabeth Bawdrep / Broadrip and had 1. Thomas St. John (c. 1556 - ? ) m. Jane Mathew and had son, Christopher / 2. Oliver St. John (c. 1560 - ?)m. Elsbeth Thomas and had son, William / 3. Sir William St. John, Knight (c. 1560 - 1618)m. Eleanor St. John and had son, Howard / 4. Mary St. John married James Andrews and had Mary Andrews
If you have information on these lines and/or know a St. John male living in the Glamorgan, Wales area or is from this line, who might be willing to y-DNA test, please contact me. Any information no matter how significant is welcome.
The FTDNA project can be found at: http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=St.John
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|