Strader Family Genealogy Forum
Stanley, this is from the book "The Strader Family History 1737-1976" by Hartzel G. Strader p. 36:
3. Permelia Catherine b. 15 Sept 1861, d. 1931, m. Abel CLARK b. 25 Jan 1856 d. 27 Aug 1909, both buried in Bailey Ridge Cem.
Her father is listed as Asa STRADER b. 1827, d. 10 March 1899 son of Isaac and Magdalene (ROHRBOUGH) STRADER m. probably 1st ca 1851 Carolina __ who probably d. soon afterward as a son Isaac d. 11 April 1853 of typhoid fever aged 1y7m5d, no further info on the mother or child. Asa m. 28 May 1856, Nancy Jane DEBARR b. ca 1835, d. 2 Nov 1925 dau of William DEBARR. They made their home on a Little Sand Run farm, Up. Co., W.Va. where their children were b.:
1. Mary Jane b. 26 April 1858, d. 1943 m. Richard Allen NAPIER Jr. b. 1851, d. 1937, both buried in the Bailey Ridge Cem. on Little Sand Run.
2. Matilda Elizabeth b. 15 Nov 1859, d. 1918, m. 13 May 1891 Wellington STRADER - no ch.; m. 2nd __ PICKENS after Wellington's death. Buried in the Reger Cem. near the Upshur-Barbour Co. line.
4. Celia A. b. Aug 1864 (or 1865) d. 14 Oct 1882 - not married.
5. Dora b. 20 Oct 1866 twin, likely d. prior to 1870 Census.
6. Elenora (Ellen on grave marker) b. 20 Oct 1866 twin, d. 10 Oct 1920 m. Opha FRETWELL. lived in Upshur Co., W.Va.
7. Reb. Perry S. b. 1 May 1869, d. ? - see sketch
8. Nancy M. b. 1 May 1873, d. 1 July 1873, cold on lungs
9. Almira b. May 1875, d. 18 July 1876 of dysentery.
It is interesting to note that Asa was one of the last consignees to recieve a Federal land grant in what is now known as W.Va. by receiving 200 acres on the Buckhannon River in the year 1852. As stated in "The History of Upshur county, W.Va." by W.B. CUTRIGHT "Asa Strader was a farmer and a very devout Christian, having been a member of the United Brethern Church for 40 years, and a class leader and local exhorter for 20 years prior to his death, March 10, 1899". Nancy Jane d. 2 Nov 1925, aged 90 years 10 months and 1 day, both are buried in the Old Strader Cem. located on the bank of Little Sand Run on the old orginal land grant to Christopher STRADER in 1786.
Hope this helps.