William T. Bettis, farmer, born 1810, married 1833 to Sarah Wiseman, who was born in Georgia, Jan 11, 1811 and died May 13, 1882, in Forest Hill, Shelby Co, TN. He, too, died at Forest Hill on Sept 4, 1877 and is buried in a family cemetery.
Their three children and their families were:
1. Mary Jane Bettis, b. 12/25/1824, d. 4/20/1879, married on 12/1857 to William Stokes, who was killed at the Battle of Shiloh Apr 1862.
Their children were:
1. Lena Stokes (1858-1885), who married Samuel Rogers in Coldwater, MS.
2. Sallie Stokes (1860-2/1889), married Woodly Rogers.
3. William Talbot Stokes, b. 6/6/1862, married 1)Mrs. Kate Stevens and 2) Mrs. Stringfellow, in memphis in 1914.
2. Salena Patterson Bettis, b. 2/19/1837, d. 2/6/1866, unmarried.
3. Tillman Bettis, b. 1840, d. ?, unmarried. He joined the Confederate Army at the outbreak of the Civil War and was killed at Chickamauga in 1863.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|