I have a James William STROUP (1871-1941) of Phelps Co., MO, who married Sarah C. WRIGHT and had these children:
1. Charles B. STROUP, b. 1903/4; m. Seva BARTON
2. Thomas A. STROUP, b. 1904/5; died young?
3. Elsie M. STROUP, b. May 1909; m. Mr. UPCHURCH
4. George W. STROUP, b. 1911/2
5. Raymond E. "Ray" STROUP, b. 1914/5; served WWII, d. in France
6. Bessie J. STROUP, b. 1918/9; m. William "Bill" HUFF
7. Barney G. STROUP, b. 1921/2
James William was the son of Thomas J. STROUP & Nancy MUSGROVE. I do not have parents for Thomas, but as he was born in Jefferson Co., MO, he is almost certainly a descendant of Johann Pieter STRAUB, 1733 immigrant to Phildelphia -- an ancestor of President Barack OBAMA.
Johann Pieter's family has been DNA tested, so if you can find a living male STROUP relative to be tested, you can at least prove you're one of these STROUPs, even if you haven't made a paper connection yet.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|