Searching for ancestors and descendants of James SUMMERSKILL (sometimes spelled SOMERSCALES in England), and his wife, Ellen DICKENSON. James was a chairmaker in Manchester, Lancashire, England (living on the corner of Cross & Swan). He was born about 1795, and married to Ellen about 1819. The family immigrated to Layafette County, MO about 1854. The couple had five known children:
1. Jane SUMMERSKILL, b. abt. 1820, prob. in Manchester; md. to a man by the name of ____EVERETT.
2. Thomas SUMMERSKILL, b. abt 1824, prob. in Manchester; md. to an Elizabeth ____.
3. Ellen SUMMERSKILL, b. 18 Sep 1826 in Manchester; md. to Robert OSBORN, JR. on 8 May 1848, in Manchester Cathedral; d. 20 Dec. 1891 in Hardin, Ray, MO.; children were:
a. Polly OSBORN, b.abt 1853 in Manchester
b. Louisa OSBORN, b. abt 1855 in Lafayette Co., MO; md. to William McDONALD abt. 1872, poss. in Ray Co., MO.,d. 11 Dec 1892 in Richmond, Ray, MO.
c. Harriet OSBORN, b. abt 1856/57 in Lexington, Lafayette, MO.
d. Mary Ellen OSBORN, b. 23 Feb 1859/60 in Lafayette Co., MO; md. Mar 1880 to Edward Noden AINSWORTH; d. 24 Jul 1897 in Dighton, Lane, KS (nine children)
e.John OSBORN, b. abt 1862, of Lexington, Lafayette, MO.
f. William WALKER, b. abt 1870 in IA, (an adopted son).
4. John SUMMERSKILL, b. abt 1833 in Manchester; md. to Eliza FILLES 15 Oct 1857, in Lafayett County, MO.
5. Grace SUMMERSKILL, b. abt 1836 in Manchester; md. to Thomas WILLIAMS 1 Apr 1857, in Lafayette County, MO. (known sons names were Reece WILLIAMS and Thomas WILLIAMS, Jr.)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|