Here is what I have gathered so far on Priscilla. I welcome anyone sending me or posting corrections or additions. This is still a work in progress. I do have further information on some of her children.
Priscilla Swindell was born sometime between 1764 and 1766, Hyde Co., North Carolina. She married Ezekiel Harris, the son of Thomas and Elizabeth Harris, on 05 Jan 1785 in Swan Quarter, Hyde Co., NC. He was born circa 1764 in NC. It appears from census records that she was still living in 1830.
Children (all born in Hyde Co., NC):
1. Josiah Harris, born 19 Jun 1787, died between 1864 and 1868, married C. Caffee and Sarah Jordan.
2. Comfort Harris, born 01 Mar 1790. (I've not been able to track her past having one child. I don't know when she died, if she ever married, etc.)
3. Gordon Harris, Sr., born 29 Jul 1792. He was still living at the time of the 1850 census. He married Elizabeth Hudson.
4. Robert T. Harris, born 17 Apr 1794, died 25 Aug 1864. He married Eleanor (maiden name unknown).
5. Jabez Kingsbury Harris, born 21 Nov 1795, died between 1858 and 1859. He was married to Polly B. Jordan.
6. Mary Harris, born 28 Oct 1800, died circa 1854. She married Thomas Hudson.
7. William Riley Harris, born 07 Sep 1802, died circa 1877, married Eliza Ann Pitchlynn.
8. Lorenzo G. Harris, born 01 Feb 1809, died 10 Jul 1860, married Elizabeth Pitchlynn (I wonder about the accuracy of this marriage, but this is what I have read).
From notes: Lorenzo "is not mentioned in the list of Ezekiel, Jr.'s children contained in Spencer's 'Hyde Remembers', pp. 84-85, but Oklahoma researchers contend they have proof he is one of his children."
9. Thomas Dupree Harris, born 12 Sep 1812, died between 1870 and 1880, married Susan Ann Jarvis.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|