I too am a descendant of Ignace Fex and Ellen Taillon and have been working on this line for about a year now. Ignace was born 24 Aug 1818 in Les Cedres, and baptised at St Joseph de Soulanges Parish, Les Cedres on 25 Aug 1818. He died 7 Sept 1874, buried on the 9th at St Andrew's Parish, St Andrew's West, Stormont Co., ON. I found Ellen's death record. She actually died in Escanaba, Delta Co., Michigan on April 24, 1901 and it gives her date of birth as Aug 21 1813. She is the mother of 14 children, of whom 10 were living. She is buried in the same plot as their son John and his wife Minnie in Ste Anne Cemetery which has been renamed Holy Cross. In the 1900 Census (gives birth as June 1813) she was living with her daughter, Bridget who married Joseph Dupuis.
Ignace(also known as Angus)and Ellen's children were...
(Please note: the last names given are as they appear on their baptismal records)
1. IGNACE/ANGUS LaFEX b. 28 Oct 1841 m1 ANNE McMILLAN in 1870 and m2 MELVINA BONNEVILLE in 1883
2. ANTOINE LaFEX b abt 1842 (This one I haven't found proof of .. yet, but my info comes from a reliable source)
3. FRANCOIS FEX b. ? bapt. 14 May 1843 m MARY McDONELL/McDONALD in 1866. I believe he died in April 1929 as Frank Fex in Powassan, ON but I haven't proven this yet. He and Mary were in Parry Sound, ON in the 1880 Census.
4. MARY/MARIE FEX b. 14 June 1847, married LOUIS DESMOULIN in 1867 as MARIE LAFESSE and d. as MARY MILLER nee LEFAIX on 3 July 1888.
5. JOSEPH FAIXE b. 10 Sept 1845. He may have died young as he doesn't appear in the 1851/2 Census.
6. JOHN b. 5 May 1849. He married MINNIE/WILHELMINA LATOUR date unknown. He d. as John FEX 30 Nov 1904 in Escanaba, Delta Co., MI. Minnie d. 10 Oct 1905 and was born 30 May 1852.
7. BRIDGETTE FEX b. 9 June 1851. Married JOSEPH DUPUIS date unknown. Was still living in Escanaba, Delta Co., MI in the 1910 Census, at the same address her mother died at.
8. JOSEPH FEX b. 10 April 1853.
9. PIERRE LAFESSE who later became PETER LAFLEX. b. 13 April 1855 bapt 29 April 1855 at St Andrews Parish. He married as Peter LAFEX to CALISTA DOLPH 30 May 1877 and d. 15 Feb 1877. (GREAT JOB ON YOUR INFO IN WISCONSIN!!)
10. ALEXANDER FAIX b. 23 June 1857 m JENNET/JENNY MASSON in 1880 and d. in 1810.
11. ANTOINE LAFESSE b. 25 Aug 1859, m BESSIE MASSEAU in 1881.
12. FLORY ANN LAFESSE b. 26 AUG 1861.
13. LEVI LAFESSE (bapt as FELIX LEVI LAFESSE but was known throughout his life as LEVI.. he's my ancestor) b. 27 Dec 1863, m ADELAIDE DUVAL on 27 Nov 1883, (they had 11 children) and he d. 30 Apr 1943 in Blind River, ON. My mother contacted you recently.
14. LOUIS LAFESSE b. 4 Msrch 1868 m. as Louis LaFax to CLARA MARY THIBERT(b. Valleyfield, Canada) on 6 July 1894 in Thorpe, Clark Co., Wisconsin.
I have baptismal records for all of these children, except Antoine b. 1842. He likely died very young. Ellen is shown in all of these records as Ellen, Angelique, Marie and Helen. One of the Josephs were alive in 1879 because they appear on a landowner map as J. LAFESSE, just outside of St Andrew's West, ON. I believe this is the family farm, as Ellen is shown as Helen, age 67, living in Joseph's household in the 1880 Census. She appears in the 1851/52 census as Ellen age 32. For some reason, she seems to keep this age difference until after Ignace/Angus's death. I think she was 5 years older instead of 3 years younger than Ignace.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me...
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|