Well, I know quite a lot on all the Tainter/Taintors, from 1620 to current.
Here is some inf. per the Charles M. Taintor Genealogy Book of 1847:
1. Charles Taintor & sons & daughter were in New England in A.D. 1643, wife unknown and they came from Wales.
Sons--MICAEL, Charles, Jr., Joseph, & daughter, Marie.
2. Micael Taintor b. in Wales & Elizabeth Rose ( have more on her family) had:
3. Micaiell Taintor b. Oct. 1652 married Mary Loomis, daughter of Thomas & Hannah Loomis of Windsor, CT in April 1679 & had:
4. Joseph Taintor b. Nov. 1687, married Elizabeth Foote, in March 1710 & had:
5. Joseph Taintor, b. Nov. 1714, married Sarah Barker, April 1743 (note this is my line, my great great grandfather is Benjamin, b. 1751, brother to Joseph below, so only 2 sons & 2 daughters, your line continues with:
6. Joseph Taintor, b. 1745 Branford, CT & he married Mary Wilson of Windsor, CT had:
7. Eli Taintor b. April 1764 married Abigail Atkins of Middletown, CT. They had:
Jason A., born at Windsor, Ct, April 1808, married Maria T. Green.
Phineas W. born May 1809. Married Mary Reed in Feb. 1842.
Erving, b. Dec. 01, 1810, married Eliza Burgess, daughter of Ebenezer Burgess & Rachel Holden of Harford, New York on March 09, 1834. Second he married Mrs. Sylvia S. Fox on May 11th, 1873 in Oxford, New York. I have scanned pages of their Bible of 1776 that belonged to Ebenezer Burgess & passed on to Eliza Burgess Taintor.
ELI N. born Sept. 1815. Married Esther L. Carter in May 1839.
Albert J. born Jan. 1820.
Children of ELI N. Taintor & Esther Carter are:
Abigail L. born Oct. 1840 & died same month.
Fidelia L. born Jan. 1842 and died March 1846.
ELI H. born Dec. 1843.
On the TAINTER board here I have a letter written by Erving Taintor regarding my Taintor's of Batavia, NY.
Is this what you are loking for? There are other Eli's but these are the ones I knew went to Springfield, IL. I bought the Burgess-Taintor Bible on eBay, after the bid was not met. I returned it to Larry Taintor of AZ who descends from Erving & Eli. Before I sent it to him I made copies of the pages (it cost $5.00 a page at WalMart & there are 6 pages, but they are beautiful). I also have the Charles M. Taintor book, which I can copy & send to you or you can purchase online.
Let me know if you think these are your Taintor's.
It is so sad, my computer was just cleared of all my files due to a virus & much of the Taintor data I had has not been reprogrammed (I'm afraid, but don't want to lose the data).
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|