You may know this inf., but here is more on your Giles S. Taintor's family.
He is the son of Charles & Sarah (Fox) Taintor and his siblings are:
1. Maria, born Oct. 1802. Married Isaac Briggs of Skeneateles, N.Y., Dec. 1835.
2. Charles, born Dec. 1805. Married Catherine E. Musier of Albany, N.Y. in May of 1830.
3. Sophia, born May 1808.
4. Jesse F. born Aug. 1810. Married Eunice S. Pierce July 1834.
5. Morton, born Sept. 1812. Married Mary Ann Avery of New London (CT?).
6. GILES S. born May 1814 in Buffalo,Erie County, New York. Married Angeline B. Harris, of PHILADELPHIA. My reference is the Charles M. Taintor genealogy book of 1847 & with all his siblings spouses in the CT & NY areas I thought perhaps your reference for VA may be wrong. But, the LDS site has her birth as this:
Angeline B. Harris Pedigree
Birth: About 1806 Colchester, New London, Connecticut & OLDER than Giles with this reference # Source Information: Film Number: 184729. But another source lists her birth as About 1818 Of, Natchez, Adams, Mississippi Film Number: 1235114, so who knows? I have my family Taintor Bible of 1832 & the LDS site has made errors on my Taintor's dates of birth.
a. Harris Greene Taintor, Birth: AUG 1840 Natchez, Adams, Mississippi
Death: NOV 1840
b. Atchson Girault Taintor
Birth: NOV 1841 Natchez, Adams, Mississippi
c. Horace Latham Taintor Pedigree
Birth: JAN 1844 Natchez, Adams, Mississippi
d. Giles Fox Taintor Pedigree
Birth: AUG 1846 Natchez, Adams, Mississippi
siblings of Giles Taintor continued.
7. John S., botn Dec. 1815.
8. William, born Jan. 1818. Married Mary Barrows of Bzrah, Conn.
There is another Giles, but they have him married to a Mary N. Taintor.
I have the Taintor history all the way back to the first generation if you need it, but you most likely do not.
In my booklet it has this biography of your Giles S. Taintor:
"Giles S. Taintor, son of Charles of Buffalo, a merchant in Natchez, Miss., formerly cashier of the Commercial and Rail Road Bank at Vicksburg."
There is also a biographical sketch of Charles Taintor, Giles S. Taintor's father.
Perhaps one of his siblings descendants or the siblings of Charles & Sarah (Fox) Taintor may have clues to help you with your Angeline B. Harris family.
Hope this was not an annoying post of inf. you already know.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|