You state that you are looking for the parentage of Elizabeth Thomas that m. Edward Talbot. Elizabeth Thomas was my great-grandmother (7 generations back).
Me>Frances "Frank" Armstrong>Albert Wayne>George P.>Bradford Carroll>John A.>Hannah Norris>Mary Talbott>Edward Talbott>Elizabeth Thomas
She was the d/o Phillip Thomas and Sarah Harrison. There is loads of info about the Thomas family available, especially since both of Elizabeth's parents were converted to being Quakers...Here are some of the sources of info for the THOMAS family:
1) "The Thomas Book," by Lawrence B. Thomas, "Thomas of West River, MD," p.27-33.
(2) "A Biographical Dictionary of the Maryland Legislature, 1635-1789" (John Hopkins Univ. Press, Baltimore) Vol. 1, p.473; p.810.
(3) "Colonial Families of the Unites States," Vol. VI, p.367.
(4) "The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland," by J.D. Warfield (Kohn & Pollock, Baltimore, 1905) p.11-12,26,28,46-47.
(5)"Quakers of Anne Arundle Co.," by Green.
(6)"Quakers in the Founding of Ann Arundel County, Maryland," by J. Reaney Kelly (Baltimore: Maryland Historical Soc., 1963) p.23, 25, 48, 107.
(7) ""The Maryland Calendar of Wills," Jane Baldwin Cotton and Roberta Bolling Henry, ed. (Westminster, MD: Family Line Publications, 1988)," Vol. 1 (Wills from 1635 to 1685), p.108. Cites: (a) 2.350.
~ Anna Kasper
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|