Claibourne was the first child of Paris & Rebecca , Teater, Claibourne born 7 June 1804, in Gerrard Co. KY. He lived and farmed many years in KY. Married Elinor Davis on 27 Nov. 1823 in Garrard Co. KY. 13 of their children were born in Garrard Co. KY, the last two born in Jefferson CO. IA
Claibourne moved to Jefferson CO. Iowa in 1845 , along with him came some of his neighbors and friends. He later moved to Appanoose CO. IA, where he bought 640 acres of land.
Claibourne & Elinor's children:
1. Died in infancy
2. Cyrus b. 12 Feb. 1826 M. Susannah Jane Garber d. 25 Nov. 1914
3. James b. 23 July 1827 Died in his 17th Year
4. Rebecca P. B. 19 June 1829 m. Moses Nelson Reynolds, d. 15 Oct 1913
5. George Clark b. 8 June 1832, m. Asseneth McCleary d. 28 Dec. 1914
6. William N. b.3 Nov. 1833, m. Martha Law, d. 23 Feb. 1879
7. Nancy E. b. 24 Feb. 1835, m. Alexander Empey (Empie) d. unkown.
8. John R. b. 13 July 1836, m. Cordelia Baker, d. 15 March 1909.
9. Mary E. b. 27 Dec. 1837, m. Josephus Haines, d. in Kansas date unkown
10. Rachel D. b. 13 May 1839, m. Joseph Morrison McCormick. d. 23 Dec. 1875
11. Paris R. b. 12 Aug. 1840 died in Civil War , 23 Sept 1860
12. Robert D. b.19 Feb 1842, died in his 29th year, 27 April, 1871
13. Sophrina J. b. 11, May 1844, died at age 18 months 24 Nov, 1845 Jefferson CO. IA . Sophrina born Garrard CO. KY.
14. Lysander M. b. 25 March 1846 m. Sarah C. Law d. 28 Feb 1916
15.Infant born and died in Jefferson CO. IA
Have some but not all info on these families, like to share info, George Clark my ggrandfather, Pearl Ann Teater, George Clark's daughter married Alpheus Willis Clark my grandfather.
James C. Murphy
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|