Dee, what I know about the Harris line is that Johnathon Harris and his wife where married in Henry county about 1780 to 85 in the Henry county area. This was the county also where Robert Teater lived and Phebe Harris..in 1785 James Harris was still living in Albemarle but the petititon shows a John Harris and James Harris where also in Washington Co 1777.
There are several Teaters im having a hard time connecting
one Samuel l Teater born Kentucky shows with the Tottens 1820s in Obion Tn. The name Richard. Timothy Logan said he fought with both Charles and Samuel Teater. Its most possible that several of George Teaters sons died early upon arrivial in Kentucky to the end of the Indian raids around 1795.
If these children died before George Teater issued his will in 1815 they wouLdnt be mentioned.
I think Parris Teaters will is posted somewhere on the Roots web boards but i have a list of his children.
Ill see what we can dig up on all the Harris Teater connections and get back to you soon. At ths point i favor Robert Teater i have loose notes he married twice, once to a Grenstaff from Burk nc and 2nd to his 1st Cousin Rebecca Parris.
Heres what I have for Parris Teater and Rebecca Totten. im from his son Absalom Fletcher.
The Children of Paris Teater and Rebecca E. Teater are:
1. Claibourne Clark. Teater, b. June 7, 1804 in Garrard Co. KY. He married his first wife, Elinor Davis, in Nov. 27, 1823, in Garrard Co. KY. He d. Jan. 14, 1898.
2. Sarah Teater, b. Before 1810. She married Samuel Turner, Sept. 26, 1827, in Jessamine Co. KY.
3. Nelson H. Teater, b. Aug 10, 1810. He married Permelia Wheeler in 1830, in Garrard Co. Permelia d. 1882. Nelson's second marriage to Isabell (Wheeler) Ray, widowed sister of Permelia. Isabell d. 1899. Nelson d. May 27, 1888.
4. Russell H. Teater, b. ca. 1813. He married Susan Davis on Nov. 20, 1835. He d. ca. 1907.
5. Absolum Fletcher Teater, b. Jan. 10, 1815. He married Emeline Ray on Sept. 22, 1835. He d. Nov. 6, 1907.
6. Minerva P. Teater, b 1816. She married Levi Davis in 1835. She d. May 21, 1888.
7. Stephen F. Teater, b. ca. 1818. He married Mary Elizabeth Fowler in 1842. He d. Jan. 1, 1847.
8. Paris M. Teater Jr. b. June 15, 1820. He married Julia Ann Fowler in 1844. He d. Dec.29, 1879.
9. Rebecca Thursa Teater, b. ca. 1822. She married Edmund Sadler.
10. Robert L. Teater. b. ca. 1824. He married Paulina Davis, a sister of Elinor who married his oldest brother, Claibourne
A new record shows that Benamin Totten sr was alive and well
in Jackson Tn appointed by Seviar as a Capt of his tax district. Jonas Griffith was also there same year. He was the father of Samuel Griffith who married Sarah Teater.
George Teater married Esther Griffith 1796. Benamin Totten was still living in 1802. The 1813 Totten family Power of Attorney states George Teater Sr married Ester the widow of Benjamin Totten Sr. This concludes that George Teater had 3 wives. Esther Griffith could not be Esther Totten becuse she was not a widow until after 1802. Benamin Totten jR is listed with Abel Huntsman 1820s Obion Tn. James Harris is nearby Benjamin Huntsman in Albemarle 1785..
Tyree Harris is mentioned as passing thru Tn also . So it may take a little time to decipher all of it.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|