Thanks. That helps. I read through your posting at http://genforum.genealogy.com/teter/messages/878.html that included a LOT of information that you had accumulated on a variety of lines.
We have Smelser overlap in several areas (which may not be unique or telling I might add but are at least interesting to see). Sometimes not the same line of Smelser however which adds to the complexity.
1. Braddock's efforts during the French and Indian War....we were there too.
2. Associations with Daniel Boone (or his family) ... Yadkin, Crawford County, IN, South Carolina, St. Charles MO and vicinity. .. these seem to be long standing and include even a U.S. Supreme Court Case where in the title to lands received by Smelser from Boone in KY were contested.
3. King's Mountain .... keeps coming up in our family lore and associations with others.
4. French Huguenots .... we keep coming back to here as well with some of our connections. Andre Cochet is alleged to be the progenitor of the line of Cashett / Coshett / Kershatt families. One of my great grandmothers apparently was from this French Huguenot line of Cochet.
5. Names .... Neely, Hamilton, Opdyke, Bryan, Bryant, Griffith, Meek, Brown, Lewis, Waggoneer, Holdman, Neff, Woodley, Shelby, Beatty, Espey, Hambright, Kuykendall, Wooley, Houghton, Ewing, Pettit, Woolsey ..... all have other Smelser family associations.
6. Locations. Yadkin, Crabb Creek, Holston, South Carolina, Maryland .... all key Smelser locations.
So ... key your eyes open for Smelser (and related surnames) and I will do the same for Teeter and related.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|