I am a direct descendant of Louisa A. Ticer and Hezekiah C. Rorie, married 1842, Hardin County, Tennessee. They both died in Stone County, AR, in the second half of the 1800's. Louisa's brother, Hugh Clark Ticer, married Hezekiah's sister, Sarah Caroline Rorie. Circumstantial evidence indicates that Louisa and Hugh Clark's father was Meridy (Meridith) Ticer, who lived close by them on the census reports. The following children have been attributed to Meridy Ticer:
1. Louisa A. Ticer, born c1822, Lauderdale Co, Alabama; married Hezekiah Rorie
2. Mary "Polly" Ticer, born 1823/25, Lauderdale Co, Alabama; married John Conway and Jackson Bivens
3. Hugh Clark Ticer, born 1831/32, Lauderdale Co, Alabama; died 1898 in Dollie, AR (Stone Co);married Sarah C. Rorie
4. William Andrew Ticer, born c1837, Lauderdale Co, Alabama; married Elizabeth LNU
I have been unable to document this for sure but suspect that their grandfahter was Clark Ticer who died c26 Nov 1803/04 in York County, South Carolina. The following children have been found thus far:
1. Hugh Ticer, born 1791, York Co, SC; died Warren CO,GA
2. Henry Ticer, born 1780, York Co, SC
3. Samuel Ticer, born 1798, York Co, SC; married Allanah Delaney; died Shelby County, Alabama
4. Sarah Ticer, born York County, SC
5. Jane Ticer, born 3 Nov 1793, York Co, SC; married Alfred McNeil Aycock; died 2 Dec 1872, Rock Hill, SC
6. John Ticer, born 1790, York Co, SC; married Jane Wallis, c1810, SC
I welcome any information on the above families and will gladly share what I have.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|