Hope I can help you. I just ignore posters who complain about age or which board a message should be on. Some PPL are like my Momma, they would compalin if you hung them with a NEW ROPE that had no burn marks.
1. His family or friends would have to spend the time to copy and paste all that info into FTMaker.
2. You are correct that Genealogy belongs in a Genealogy Program just like writing a letter should not be done with FTMaker but instead in Word.
3. Yes Word does have an Index. But with all those many pages it will take a lot of time and creative thinking.
4. MS has free viewers and also free trials. You can DL the latest vs of MS Office or only Word and open his Word 2000 then SAVE.AS to the newer version with a unique name. This leaves his original file untouched.
5. With your Trial vs of Word you can practice with the Index and Table of Contents, adding photos, etc.
6. You can send his Word 2000 Doc here and I will creete an Index / Contents / etc. whatever he wants. I use Office Proff 2007.
8. Any newer vs of software can open older versions and after creating new features, SAVE.AS to the Older version and then he can open / use / with Word 2000.
9. All software can open older versions then save.as older version.
Regards ~ Gary } New Orleans | 225.620.3540 | LsuEdu@msn.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|