Researching artist/engraver Charles Trudell and descendants:
Charles Trudell was born 1873 in Sioux City, Woodbury, IA, then moved with parents to Dubuque. IA. (His father was Joseph W. Trudell, born ca. 1848 Eastern Canada married to Rose Mary NN. Joseph W. himself was the son of Joseph Trudell, born ca. 1821 in Canada and Sophie, b. ca. 1831)Charley was a student of artist Franz Seimetz from Luxembourg, my native country, and who had a painting studio in Dubuque from 1890-1895. On 15 Oct 1902 Trudell married Mary Jacquinot in Dubuque. (Trudell is known as the creator of a 1907 portrait of Julien Dubuque, the founder of Dubuque. That portrait, according to recent findings, is more of an autoportrait than an accurate representation of the historical Julien Dubuque.) Charles Trudell owned an engraving business in Dubuque and moved to Chicago betw. 1913 and 1920. According to the 1928 Chicago City directory he lived in th Rand McNally building 536 South Clark Street (professional address?), his profession is listed as artist.
Iím trying to locate his death date as well as further biographical information.
Iím also trying to locate his descendance.
So far I have found that Chas Trudell had the following children:
- Margaret Trudell b. 1904 in Iowa
- Marie V. Trudell, b. 1905 Dubuque, she was married to automobile mecanic Robert Bailey. The lived 5505 N. Nagle Street in 1940 and had two children Jean b. 1928 IL and Robert b. 1936 IL
- Louise L. Trudell, b.1907 IA
- Joseph J. Trudell, b. 13 Jul 1908 Dubuque, IA. He was a draftsman of brewing machinery and lived with wife Elisabeth and son Joseph (b. 1932 IL) 5424 N. Meade Street In Chicago (1940 census)
- Suzanne Naomi Trudell b. 10 Jul 1910 Dubuque
- Charles Trudell b. 1913 IA
Thank you for your help.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|