Descendants of Paul Trumpour
Generation No. 1
1. CAPTAIN PAUL1 TRUMPOUR1 was born May 31, 1757 in Katsbaan, Ulster Co., NY. He married DEBORAH EMERY2. She was born Abt. 1760.
Notes for CAPTAIN PAUL TRUMPOUR:
Source: On the Edge of History, Dorland's Creek and the Mills, by E.D. Taylor Ashton, 1996
p. 17. Ensign Paul Trumpour received a grant of fifteen hundred acres on Concessions One, Two, and Three, next to the grant of Philip Dorland, a close friend. He had been a member of Colonely DeLancy's Corps of Loyalists in New York. Paul had originally settled on a point of land called Trumpour's Point in Adolphustown. He was still there in 1795 when Mrs. Simcoe, wife of Lieutenant-Governor Simcoe, visited his home on March 11. .....
Paul Trumpour extended his holdings in Sophiasburg, across the bay from Trumpour's Point, where he continued to raise horses especially suited to the severe Canadian climate. In a petition to the government, Paul Trumpour stated that he had introduced into the province an excellent breed of horses and was exporting them to the United States. ....
The Prince Edward County grant to Paul Trumpour on Concession Three was used to further his undertakings, and some of the land was sold without development. ..... Later, another Paul Trumpour, nephew of Ensign Paul Trumpour and son of Haunts Trumpour, lived on Lots 11 and 12 on the Third Concession. The Trumpour family remained there for over one hundred years. ...... Of the original receivers of large grants, only the Dorlands and the Trumpors lived on their lands.
Children of PAUL TRUMPOUR and DEBORAH EMERY are:
2. i. JOHN P.2 TRUMPOUR, b. March 01, 1781; d. February 19, 1846, Adolphustown, ON.
3. ii. JOSEPH TRUMPOUR, b. April 04, 1785, Adolphustown, ON; d. July 12, 1850, Adolphustown, ON.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN P.2 TRUMPOUR (PAUL1)3 was born March 01, 1781, and died February 19, 1846 in Adolphustown, ON. He married ELIZABETH DORLAND3 January 15, 1805 in Adolphustown, ON, daughter of JOHN* DORLAND and ELIZABETH* RICKETSON. She was born February 27, 1788 in Adolphustown, ON, and died February 03, 1869 in Adolphustown, ON.
More About ELIZABETH DORLAND:
Fact: Settled in Adolphustown, ON
Children of JOHN TRUMPOUR and ELIZABETH DORLAND are:
4. i. DEBORAH3 TRUMPOUR, b. June 07, 1805; d. August 18, 1869.
ii. LETTY TRUMPOUR3, b. June 01, 1807.
iii. CHRISTIAN TRUMPOUR3, b. November 04, 1809.
iv. TABITHA TRUMPOUR3, b. October 07, 1811.
v. ELIZABETH TRUMPOUR3, b. December 24, 1812; m. EDWARD SHERMAN, October 15, 1833.
vi. MARY TRUMPOUR3, b. April 23, 1814; d. June 18, 1864; m. DAVID DAYNORD.
vii. SARAH TRUMPOUR3, b. March 17, 1816; d. January 15, 1898; m. DAVID PRINGLE, February 23, 1867.
viii. SIMEON W. TRUMPOUR3, b. January 26, 1818; d. December 14, 1894, Adolphustown, ON; m. AUGUSTA CLARKE.
5. ix. CHARLOTTE TRUMPOUR, b. May 07, 1820; d. August 20, 1905, Adolphustown, ON.
x. JOHN TRUMPOUR3, b. June 28, 1822.
xi. HENRY TRUMPOUR3, b. May 13, 1825.
xii. JOSEPH TRUMPOUR3, b. July 13, 1828.
xiii. BATHSHEBA TRUMPOUR3, b. December 28, 1833.
xiv. PHILA ANN TRUMPOUR3, b. January 23, 1835; m. EZRA MALLORY.
3. JOSEPH2 TRUMPOUR (PAUL1)3 was born April 04, 1785 in Adolphustown, ON, and died July 12, 1850 in Adolphustown, ON. He married LYDIA DORLAND3 March 19, 1811 in Adolphustown, ON4, daughter of JOHN* DORLAND and ELIZABETH* RICKETSON. She was born December 18, 1792 in Adolphustown, ON.
More About LYDIA DORLAND:
Fact: Settled Adolphustown, ON
Children of JOSEPH TRUMPOUR and LYDIA DORLAND are:
i. DEBORAH3 TRUMPOUR5, b. Adolphustown, ON.
ii. PHILA ANN TRUMPOUR6, b. April 20, 1812, Adolphustown, ON.
iii. PAUL TRUMPOUR6, b. March 18, 1814, Adolphustown, ON.
iv. JOHN TRUMPOUR6, b. March 10, 1816, Adolphustown, ON.
v. JAMES CALIFORNIA TRUMPOUR6, b. April 28, 1817, Adolphustown, ON.
vi. SAMUEL DORLAND TRUMPOUR6, b. April 26, 1820, Adolphustown, ON.
vii. LYDIA TRUMPOUR7, b. February 07, 1821, Adolphustown, ON.
viii. THOMAS DORLAND TRUMPOUR8, b. May 06, 1824, Adolphustown, ON.
ix. ELIZA J. TRUMPOUR8,9, b. June 18, 1830, Adolphustown, ON; d. November 15, 1872, rince Edward Co.ON; m. WILLIAM E. BARKER10; b. April 1830; d. August 24, 1892, Prince Edward Co.ON..
x. JACOB HERBERT TRUMPOUR11, b. June 18, 1830, Adolphustown, ON.
xi. SARAH JANE TRUMPOUR11, b. May 21, 1835, Napanee, ON.
xii. MEREBETH TRUMPOUR11, b. September 14, 1835.
Generation No. 3
4. DEBORAH3 TRUMPOUR (JOHN P.2, PAUL1)11 was born June 07, 1805, and died August 18, 1869. She married JOHN GRIFFIS V January 29, 1851 in Adolphustown, ON.
Children of DEBORAH TRUMPOUR and JOHN GRIFFIS are:
i. JOSEPH PAUL4 GRIFFIS, b. November 23, 1851; d. March 16, 1940; m. MAGGIE RUTHERFORD, December 30, 1875.
ii. PHILA ANN GRIFFIS, b. July 14, 1854; d. February 22, 1868.
iii. ELIDA GRIFFIS, b. May 03, 1857; d. November 05, 1918; m. HENRY ELLIOTT.
iv. MARY ELIZABETH GRIFFIS, b. February 27, 1863; m. WILLIAM WADE.
5. CHARLOTTE3 TRUMPOUR (JOHN P.2, PAUL1)11 was born May 07, 1820, and died August 20, 1905 in Adolphustown, ON. She married PHILLIP DORLAND.
Child of CHARLOTTE TRUMPOUR and PHILLIP DORLAND is:
i. JOHN J.4 DORLAND, b. Abt. 1845; m. LILA UNKNOWN.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|