This is what I have received so far, I am trying to find more about Georgina Caroline Scott, my g.g.g.grandmother.
John Tyers b c 1771 Manchester married Elizabeth Theobold Holborn St Andrews 20. 6.1801. Witnesses Charles Theobald and Eliza Bailey. Elizabeth’s brother Daniel was housekeeper at the Bluecoat School, Christs Hospital about 1820
Charles James went to the Bluecoat school – which Charles James Tyers?
Children (John & Elizabeth Tyers) – 9 or 10 CHILDREN???
between 1801 and 1814 were (but don’t have dates yet)
• Elizabeth Ann
• George Skerret
• Frederick William
• Georgina Ann
• plus two unknowns
• John Harris Tyers 1808 Westminster – may have been brother
In 1881 census shown living at 43 Windsor Road Ealing as a “gentleman” and his wife Elizabeth only aged 48 shown as “lady” Children Mary Elizabeth Lucy aged 19 born Westminster, Catherine Ann aged 13 and John Harris age 12 –
• Thomas born c 1805 at St Andrews Holborn who was a barrister in Bath and then Somerset who had servants but can’t tie him in – is he related?
• Charles James b 13.9.1806 Manchester then lived in London died 20.9.1870 Melbourne. Married Georgina Caroline Scott in 1849
CHILDREN (Charles James Tyers & Georgina Caroline Scott)
• Charles James b 11.3.1852 Eagle Point died 1938 Yarram
• McKay Hugh Baillie 1855 Sale
• Alexander McKenzie b 5.2.1857 Sale married 6.9.1892 Linton to Mary Jane Johnston Presbyterian church b 21.12.1868 Linton. He died 20.1.1943 Hawthorne,buried Box Hill Cemetry she died 25.10.1943. Worked with father on Lake Tyers. Alexander’s details below.
• Julia Percy Sophia b 1853 Port Albert died 7.9.1886 Queensland, she married Charles Burnip b 1838 Tasmania Died 9.12.1887 Mt Margaret Qld, He was a drover, Julia died from exhaustion and problems with lungs. Grandfather James born 1774 Wolsingham Durham
Children (Julia Sophia & Charles Burnip)
• Charles James Tyers Burnip b Cobden 1875 died 1935 Casterton, Victoria accidental drowning. He applied and got Lot 15 of land on the Struart Estate 10k n e of Merino renamed Paschendale when he returned from the war, enlisted 28.2.1916 at Hamilton into 29th Batallion. Named on Casterton Town Hall Honours List.. Then taken over by Charles Stanley “Bill” Hiscock.
• Francis Edward b 31.5.1877 at Hay, NSW and died 1963 at Poowong East.
• Alfred 1880 Hay died 24.4.1917 at Bullecourt, France
• Lily May b 1882 Dubbo died 1.3.1938 Casterton (variation on name TBC). Lily married David McAdam McCalman b 1884 Lake Mundi and died 15.6.1976 aged 92 at Portland. They married 10.5.1905.??
Children (Lily May & David McAdam McCalman)
• Colin Charles b c1918 died 13.4.1994
• David A W
• Georgina Gladys Lillian b 1911 d 2005 – married Arthur Peart
• Norma Jean
• Vera May b Cobden 1905 died 1974 Horsham married Alex William Cameron
• Ellen Freda 2.12.1907 Balranald died 1986 married someone Ritchie
• Thelma Mary S 1912
• Ivan Francis 22.3.1919 Casterton died 12.7.1943 Thailand – Prisoner of war (called Bennie) Ivan Francis married Jessie Aikman and had Charles A Tyers Burnip b Warragul 1903 and died 1973 Prahan.
• Malcolm 10.2.1921 died Oct 2005 Casterton. He married Sylvia May Rooke 24.3.1951 Casterton. She died 2008 Heidelberg, Victoria
After Lily (Louise died) David McCalman married again to Eva Gill who may have been his carer. She died in 1984 in Casterton.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|