Charles Richard Hartmann married Albertine Clara Flammger. Prussia > NY >Jersey City, NJ
Looking for living relatives of Charles Hartmann and Clara Flammger (came over to U.S. from Prussia). Charels Richard Hartmann was born; August 16, 1864 Kammerzel, a.d. Fulde, Prussia. Charles was the son of Anton and Gertrude Schudt Hartmann. Immigrated to NY as young man (12 yrs old) with his brothers, Rudolph and Alfred. Married April 3, 1887 in New York City, NY. Married Albertine Clara Flammger b: Oct. 25, 1867 in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia. d: Dec. 1922.
Clara was a teenager when she came to America on a steamer with her mother (after 1880) Dorothea Maria (Mathilde) Eschenhagen. Charles (Carl or "Dick") and Clara lived in NY and finally settled on Jersey City, NJ. At one time (in 1895-96) there was
‘The Hartmann Brothers and Rheihnhardt Musical Instrument Company." In New York City, NY and Jersey City, NJ. They manufactured all string instruments except pianos. Some time later the business had gone belly up. Charles had a printing press, sold insurance, real estate and was a judge for many years.
Had 13 Children:
1. Gertrude b:1888 d:1973 (In 1913 became an nun "Sister Clarella.")
2. Fred b:1889 m:1920 (Married Lydia Marklein) d:1941
3. Clara Mathilde b:1890 m:1914 (Married J.Van Duzer) d:1932 (Relatives
located on this side of family.)
4. Emmy b:1892 d:1892 died as infant
5. Frieda b:1894 d:1973 became a nun "Sister Richardis"
6. Charles Richard b:1895 d:1895 died as infant
7. Katherine b:1896 m:1918 (Married Henry Jager) d:1969
8. John George b:1898 m:1917 (Married Florence Swaine) m: 2nd time in 1929 (Alice
9. Margaret Helen b:1899 m:1919 (Married Frank Robarge) d:1971 (My Grandmother)
10. Clara b:1901 m:1927 (Married Henry Ulrich) livied in NJ, d:1962
11. Rose Anna b:1903 m:1925 (Married William Ross) d:1974
12. Alfred b:1906 m: 1933 d: unknown?
13. Marie Elizabeth b:1909 (never married) d: unknown ?
Located on several census records as follows: 1880 Charles is 17 living in NY, 1900 Jersey City, NJ, 1910 and 1920 NJ.
I am looking for living relatives that would be interested in sharing family history information back and forth, photo’s, etc. Please feel free to e-mail me and let me know what your relation is.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|