Much of the information that I have on the Ob/Opp/Upp family comes from a “Genealogical Report” obtained from the Historical Society of York County, Pennsylvania and correspondance with Joan Young.
Philip Jacob Ob was born in Germany; however, no record of his emigration has been found. Jacob Ob, of Dover Township, Yeoman, wrote his will 19 May 1758; it was probated in York County 30 March 1767. The will left bequests to “beloved wife, Catharina,” and children: Peter Bentz and wife Elizabeth (dwelling plantation situate in Dover Twp containing 300 acres); Jacob (£24.5.10); Peter (same as Jacob); representatives of son Nicholas deceased (same as above); Catharina (same as above); Nicholas, Andreas, Balser, Anna Margreta & Catharina - children of Christopher Knertzer my son-in-law (same as above); Louisa (same as above); Sophia (same as above). Executors: Jacob & Peter Upp. (Will Book B, pp. 103-04).
The Genealogical Report, York County Church records, and other records show the children and known descendants of Philip Jacob and Maria Catherina Ob (Opp, Upp) were:
i. Johan Nicholas, born about 1719; his probate inventory was filed in Manchester Township in 1754. ii. Catharina, born about 1721; m. _____ Hauk.
iv. Anna Marcreta, m. Georg Christoph Knortzer
v. Louisa, born about 1728, m. _____ Wiemer
vi. Maria Margaretha, born 9 July 1735; died 6 February 1815 in Shade Township, Somerset, Pennsylvania; married Jacob Lambert, son of Matthias Lambert and Anna Rosina Rees. [She is not named in her father’s will; however, she is named in Jacob, Jr.’s will as his sister. Maria Margaretha Ob and Jacob Lambert had the following children:
- Jacob, Jr., b. 24 Dec 1755 Dover, York Co., PA; d. 20 Feb 1835.
- Mathias, b. 1759 Dover, York Co., PA
- John M., b. 12 Oct 1761 Manchester Twp., York Co., PA; d. 24 May 1844 in Stony Creek Twp; m. Mary Statler 1792.
- Ann Mary, b. 1770 York Co., PA; d. 15 Jan 1851, Shade Twp., Somerset Co., PA; bur. Statler Cemetery; m. Caspar Statler, Jr. 12 Jun 1792 in Brothers Valley Twp., Somerset Co., PA.
- George, b. 4 Apr 1770 Dover, York Co., PA; d. 15 Nov 1837, Shade Twp., Somerset Co., PA; m. Elizabeth Statler 13 May 1793 in Brothers Valley Twp., Somerset Co., PA.
- Catherine, b. York Co., PA; m. John Yoner.
- Moses, d. 22 Aug 1776 Long Island.
- Ann Margaretha
- Ann Elizabeth, b. York Co., PA
vii. Philip Jacob, Jr, born about 1735, married Agnes about 1759 and had a child, Agnes, born 4 April 1760; apparently mother and child died before 1793 since they were not mentioned in his will which was written in Dover Township on 19 December 1793 and probated 14 January 1794 in York County. Legatees to his will were “brothers and sisters - Peter Opp, deceased; Nicholas Opp, deceased or his heirs; Catharina or hankin Oppen; Margaret Knertzer deceased; Louisa; Sovia Krim; Mary Margaret Lambert; and Elizabeth Pentz, deceased...niece Christina Hentz, “my housekeeper, … nephew Nicholas Opp, nephew Peter Opp, nieces, Barbara Evans, Eve Heckes, and Catherina Dieter.” (Will Book J, p. 13).
viii. Catherina Elisabeth, born about 1737; m. Peter Bentz/Pentz.
ix Sophia, m. _____ Krim.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|