Here is what I found in the Waldo books:
Hattie-Lunettie, born June 13, 1897, father Anson-Seeley Waldo, b. 20 Mar 1875 at Cherry Valley. Mother Lilly-Pearl Champlin on 27 Jul 1894 at New Lyme, Ohio. Her parents were George-Washington Champlin and Jennie-Carver Howland of Cherry Valley. The ancestral line going backwards is as follows:
1. Joseph-Allen Waldo b. 17 May 1848, m. Enice-Cornelia Johnson on 3 Jan 1865.
2. Hosea-Allen Waldo b. 13 Aug 1815, m. Christiana Gilpatrick on 22 Dec 1839.
3. Roswell Waldo b. 20 Apr 1772, m. (1) Zilpha Tyler on 9 Apr 1797, and (2) Amarilla Lord on 26 May 1814.
4. Daniel Waldo b. 30 Jan 1744, m. Hannah Carlton. Daniel was a private in Captain Amos Shepherd's company in Col. Bellow's regiment, which reinforced the garrison at Ticonderoga when besieged. He enlisted 28 Jun and was discharged 22 Jul 1777 after five days' service.
5. Shubael Waldo b. 7 Apr 1707, m. Abigail Allen, who had 15 children according to this book.
6. Edward Waldo m. Thankful Dimmock
7. John Waldo m. Rebecca Adams
8. Cornelius Waldo m. Hannah Cogswell.
If you are a serious researcher, the Waldo books are a wonderful resource to own. They can be ordered through Higginson Books (www.higginsonbook.com) or you can call them, which I advise because many times there are specials not advertised on the web site. The number is (978) 745-7170. Books are printed to order and take about 12 weeks to get.
Hope this helps.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|