I have found more information from census and death records. Also some corrections to previous information: Father named James A. not Jason A. Yarnell (incorrect interpretation of abbreviation Jas). And there were two different women named Rebecca: grandaughter and grandmother. Both Rebeccas and four of the elder Rebecca's children lived in the house I now own in Oakland, CA, during the 1920s.
Would appreciate any additonal information about these family members, their children, etc.
Father. James A. Yarnell, b1841? IL, d-before 1920; m. Rebecca Scott ~1870, lived in MO for a period covering at least 1870-1890 during which at least five children were born.
Mother. Rebecca Scott, b1850 (1846?) Plattsburg MO, d1928 Oakland CA as Rebecca S. Yarnell; m. James A. Yarnell ~1870, at least five children in MO; moved to CA ~1898. Her father was John G. Scott from PA, and her mother was Mary Stuggley (?) from OH (or IN?). She had at least two brothers, one of whom was Goudy Scott, b1863 OH (possibly a half-brother if record indicating his mother was from VA is correct).
I have identified at least five children and one grandchild of James and Rebecca Yarnell:
1. Dolly Yarnell, b1871 MO, d1962 in San Diego as Dolly Valery; known much of her life as Dolly Y. Everett, Mr. Everett died before 1920, she remarried sometime after 1935. Unable to determine husbands' first names and whether she had children by Everett.
2. Belva C. Yarnell, b1879 MO, d1955 in San Diego as Belva C. Severance; m. Reginald E. Severance ~1911 (Reginald: b~1887 MA, father from NH, moved out of CA or separated from Belva or d~1923 San Mateo, CA). One daughter:
2a. Rebecca A.(?) Severance, b1912 TX, d1992 in San Diego as Rebecca Warkentin.
3. Florence Yarnell, b1881 MO, d? probably in CA; perhaps never married.
4. Alfred Yarnell, b1885 MO, d1946 in San Diego; probably never married.
5. Byrd Yarnell, b1886 MO, d1983 in Los Angeles; apparently never married.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|