J.H., I recently responded to an inquiry with the names of Yarrington's I am interested in.... do you recognize any of them?
My response read: This is great to hear from someone related to my Yarrington side... I do not know of any other persons who are both related to this line and are actively researching the subject... I would be glad to know of anyone you know of who would be willing to collaborate with us. If what you say is correct (that is, Eliza Duval Yarrington married William Minnock) then I would be a 4th greatgrandson of Ariana. Family tradition is that my gggrandfather William Minnock of Scotland married Eliza Yarrington in Richmond VA. Their son, Dr William Alexander Jr married Dr Edmond Junius Felder's (of Orangeburg SC) daughter,Sophia Ann Felder, in Autauga Co Alabama in 1847. The Felders were migrating from SC to TX via AL, Meridian MS,Travis Co TX then to Montgomery Co TX. I presume that Alabama was the location where Sophia met William Minnock Jr
. ( Yarringtons from VA were also in AL at this time) Sophia had a sister Eliza Lydia Felder who married a Samuel Fisher Thornhill in 1848 in MS... I'll relate to the Thornhills later.
Wm A Minnock Jr and Sophia had 8 children, one of which was Arianna "Anna" Yarrington Minnock b. at Rosehill, TX
1854, who married Patrick Henry Roberts, together they had 9 children. One of the 9 was my grandmother Aline Roberts,
b. Washington-on-the-Brazos in 1892...
Now for the Thornhill reference... when Eliza Lydia (Felder) Thornhill died, her 3 week-old baby named Thomas James Thornhill was taken in by Eliza's sister.. Sophia Ann (Felder) Minnock (Willaim A.Minnock Jr wife) to be raised by her as one of her own as later told by T.J Thornhill in his book written ca 1940's Thornhill Genealogy. Having been raised with all of the Minnock children from birth, TJ Thornhill describes the Minnock family and conveys some of the stories of a century ago about Edgar Allen Poe, the Yarringtons and others.
...I will continue to attempt to tie the Yarrington's of Texas ( those in San Marcos and Austin area ) with those in Virginia. To do this I will pursue some of these leads:
1. The name of the person Eliza Duval Yarrington married (I believe someone indicated a relative did not write the grooms name... could this be Minnock?),
2. Where and when Arabella Duval Yarrington stayed in Austin, TX and who her brother was who lived in the area in Texas,
3. Who was Dr J.T.Yarrington who killed the political candidate referenced in the Handbook of Texas?
4. Who is Arabella's brother that was the Gen Mgr and Vp of the Newport News and Mississippi Railway?
5. Who are the early Yarrington's in Bexar County Texas and Gonzales ... are they related to those any that migrated from Virginia?
6. What relation is Hays T Yarrington of the Texas Rangers (Civil war era) to the others?
7. What relation is there with the Yarringtons of Kyle Texas (late 1800s) in "Hays" County?
8. Was Arabella's first husband, John Worsham, of the same Worsham family that had been in the Richmond area for many
years? Did she meet him there?
9. When and where did William A. Minnock Sr die, where is he buried? When did he arrive in the US and how?
10. What happened to Eliza Yarrington after she married William A. Minnock Sr., where did she go, when did she die?
11. A copy of a hand written note which I received from my cousin on the Minnock place indicates a "cousin" relationship exists with Arabella Duval (Yarrington) Huntington; was the note made by Elizabeth (Minnock) Ladd, AY(Minnock) Roberts or Sophia (Felder) Minnock?
I have many questions and will appreciate all contributions
Greg from South Carolina
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|