I believe your Starling is a son of James Allison and Jane Ayers Yearwood. The dates certainly fit. Their children John H. and Jennie were named after my great-great grandparents, who were cousins of James A. My John H. and Jenny Yearwood moved to Greenesboro, GA about the same time James A. and Janie moved from Habersham.
James A. and Janie Ayers are buried on Carey Station Road in an old family cemetery, near where Carey Station Road crosses I-20. From Greenesboro, head towards Madison, GA on GA 278. Go a few miles and turn left on Carey Station Road. The cemetery is on your right.
Below is a little history on the Yearwoods back to Robert Yearwood of Virginia. I have more if you are interested.
JAMES A. YEARWOOD (5)(STARLING(4), PERRY(3), ANDREW(2), ROBERT(1)) was born
January 1856 in Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia. He married JANE AYERS about 1877 in Habersham County.
Children of JAMES YEARWOOD and JANE AYERS are:
i. JAMES D.6 YEARWOOD, b. April 1878, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
ii. MARY E. YEARWOOD, b. May 1882, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
iii. WILLIAM C. YEARWOOD, b. February 1886, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
iv. STARLING YEARWOOD, b. May 1889, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia; m. WELMEDA.
v. CHARLES A. YEARWOOD, b. January 1890, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
vi. WELTHIE YEARWOOD, b. March 1891, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
vii. NELLIE B. YEARWOOD, b. April 1897, Center Hill, Habersham, Georgia.
viii. JOHN H. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1899, Ferre, Georgia.
ix. JENNIE YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1901, Ferre, Georgia.
x. GEORGE YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1904, Ferre, Georgia.
STARLING (4) YEARWOOD (PERRY(3), ANDREW(2), ROBERT(1)) was born January 1828
in Habersham, Georgia. He married WEALTHY MCCRACKEN December 23, 1847 in
Children of STARLING YEARWOOD and WEALTHY MCCRACKEN are:
i. ELIZABETH CALANE5 YEARWOOD, b. April 1848, Habersham, Georgia.
ii. LUCINDA V. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1851, Habersham, Georgia.
iii. WILLIAM M. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1853, Habersham, Georgia.
iv. SARAH L. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1855, Habersham, Georgia.
v. JAMES A. YEARWOOD, b. January 1856, Toccoa, Habersham, Georgia.
vi. ALLISON S. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1857, Habersham, Georgia.
vii. FRANCIS MARION YEARWOOD, b. 1859, Habersham, Georgia.
viii. CALEB YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1861, Habersham, Georgia.
ix. MARY L. YEARWOOD, b. Abt. 1866, Habersham, Georgia.
In 1830, Perry lived in Whitehead's District near the North Fork of Toccoa Creek area, near his parents. Perry and Elizabeth had 17 children, of which they raised 13 to adulthood. Both are buried at Walnut Fork Baptist Church near Braselton, GA. The list below is the 13 surviving children of Perry and Elizabeth Smith Yearwood:
1. Sarah born 1827 married Singleton Kytle in 1849
2. Starling (yours) born 1828 married Wealthy McCrackin in 1847
3. Alfred H. born 1829 married Nancy Chitwood in 1849
4. Abel T. (mine) born 1830 married Sarah Jane Braselton in 1854
5. Charles S. born 1832 married Mary E. ca 1860
6. P.C. (female) born 1834 married Claybourne Kytle in 1851
7. Infant born ca 1835
8. Frank M. born 1836
9. Isabelle born 1837 married Milford Cranford Herrin ca 1867
10. Infant born ca 1840
11. Mary E. (female) born 1842 married Hiram Proctor ca 1858
12. Infant born ca 1845
13. Malipia born 1847
14. Larkin D. born 1849 married M.J. Sell in 1870
15. James born 1851
16. Infant born ca 1853
17. Singleton S. born 1855 married Mollie Wallace in 1874
Andrew Yearwood was born in either NC or Virginia in 1775. No formal record of their many children exists, but Andrew and Sarah's children are probably as follows:
1. George W. born 1799 married Eva Dooly in 1830
2. Mary (Polly) born 1802 married Abel Taylor in 1821
3. Perry (our line)born 1803 married Elizabeth Smith ca 1826
4. Bird born 1808 married Sarah Denny ca 1830
5. Sarah born 1811 married Elias Chaffin ca 1831
6. Andrew J. born 1813 married Sarah ca 1836
7. Milly born 1814 married Joseph Jackson in 1832
8. Nancy born ca 1817 married Harrison Highfill in 1833
9. Tilman born 1818 married Susan Whitehead in 1839
10. Martha born 1822 married William Nix in 1845
11. Oliver Starling born 1823 married Martha ca 1855
12. Lewis Allen born ca 1824 married Letha Smith ca 1845
13. Archibald born 1825 married Susan Barr in 1846
Andrew is the son of Robert Yearwood who migrated to GA from NC in the 1780s after the American Revolution. Robert is believed to be the son of John and Katherine Yearwood, born in Albemarle Parish, Surry County, VA in 1752.
Please e-mail with any questions.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|